Baptism Question #2 Verified and Changed.

by truthlover123 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

PZ:

I concur.... but they got me under the father, son , holy spirit as it should have read but I dont know where I stand as I never relinquished membership in the church

So was I ever a JW? Dont know

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Who says that many are not taking notice of the change in the elimination of the 'Spirit Directed' phrase in the # 2 baptismal question. What about the many elders giving these baptism talks. A BOE letter went out to all the elders announcing the change...all the COs are well aware of the change. Let doubt & the trend of cognitive dissonance among the congregation leaderships begin!

Have faith fellow forum members...have faith!😊

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Inspired = "God told me what to write"

Spirit Directed = "This is my opinion of what I think God would want me to write, but I may be wrong."

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I also notice that mention in Q1 has dropped reference to Jesus ransom sacrifice. I wonder what would happen if I told some eldurr that I do not belong to whatever the Hell religion is trying to pass itself off as JW these days as my baptism five decades ago was in association with an entirely DIFFERENT religion, and should I renounce THAT religion to be part of THIS religion?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When a person gets to the stage of Baptism, I don’t think he/she would ever mind about any questions asked in the Baptism talk. Because they are totally brainwashed and ready to accept anything from "Gods Organization" at that point.

Baptism Question: Would you stone to death any person, including your close relatives, that disagrees with Gods organization.

I am affirmative that the answer would be yes for the above

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I can confirm that it has been changed, "spirit directed" has been removed from the question.

• Afterburn
    Afterburn

I was baptized in 1985, in the first series of assemblies that used the old "new" baptism questions. I had studied the prior ones carefully to make sure I could, in good conscience, answer "Yes!" to both. I was surprised by the changed ones. I answered yes out of blind trust that I would not be asked to agree to something directly offending the Bible's direction.

I was wrong. Now, I am shunned. Fortunately, I no longer care about the Bible's direction. I only wish that my family would treat me as they treat a person of the nations, rather than treating me worse than Jesus treated Satan.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks Atlantis, I must have missed that one

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

So if a new question is defined, a baptism under the old question regime can be disolved unilaterally?

G.

• blondie
    blondie

IMPORTANT: Especially if you are like me don't always read all the posts before commenting.

Official BOE letter from May 2019, outlining the new baptism questions for the coming 2019 regional conventions. I did not notice the change in the baptism questions in the talk the last time in 1985. I sat through 2 baptism sessions too. I had been baptized for some time and no longer listened to the questions; and none of my jw friends/family mentioned it either.

It appears that the holy spirit is no written/spoken part of the most serious event in a jw's life. No more Matthew 28:19 (this is the only place where this phrase was used, "in the name of the Father (no Jehovah mentioned hereby name), the Son (Jesus not mentioned here by name), the holy spirit (no caps, and no name mentioned in the bible anywhere)." Does that mean jws baptized before 2019 are no longer held to the previous 2 questions?

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,+ baptizing them+ in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

https://docdro.id/EUkka4i

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit