If All Early Christians Were Preachers...... Who Worked & Cooked The Meals?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So, do you think it could be "plausible" to believe that these so-called "preachers" actually went from house to house and city to city, went to all their meetings, encouraged each other daily, visited together as an association, worked probably 12 hours a day, went fishing and hunting for food and prepared the meals, took care of their homes, their land and their kids----???

I believe only a few were teachers and preachers. Witnesses teach EVERYONE has to be a preacher. I doubt that very much from a practical as well as biblical standpoint.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Dammit Blondie you are just one incessant siren morn noon an nite, Honeylamb.

HOW on earth could 'hober want you to waste your beauty knockin doors defeats me.

XXX

• minimus
    minimus

Proof---that Blondie's always on target.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Why does Minimus have such a compulsion to start annoying, moronic threads?

• sir82
    sir82
    If they did all that, they couldn't preach from house-to-house, make return risits, conduct Bible studies and prepare for all the meetings too

All of those activities were done by the first century Christians, of course.

The hardest part was cutting up all those little slips of papyrus so the publishers could make out their field service reports at the end of the month!

• NanaR
    NanaR

Dorcas was resurrected after evidence was presented that she had made clothing for the poor (not that she spent every hour of every day talking to people). Peter obviously considered making clothing for poor widows to be Dorcas's ministry.

Acts 9:36 - 42

But in Jop´pa there was a certain disciple named Tab´i·tha, which, when translated, means Dor´cas. She abounded in good deeds and gifts of mercy that she was rendering. 37 But in those days she happened to fall sick and die. So they bathed her and laid her in an upper chamber. 38 Now as Lyd´da was near Jop´pa, when the disciples heard that Peter was in this city they dispatched two men to him to entreat [him]: "Please do not hesitate to come on as far as us." 39 At that Peter rose and went with them. And when he arrived, they led him up into the upper chamber; and all the widows presented themselves to him weeping and exhibiting many inner garments and outer garments that Dor´cas used to make while she was with them. 40 But Peter put everybody outside and, bending his knees, he prayed, and, turning to the body, he said: "Tab´i·tha, rise!" She opened her eyes and, as she caught sight of Peter, she sat up. 41 Giving her his hand, he raised her up, and he called the holy ones and the widows and presented her alive. 42 This became known throughout all Jop´pa, and many became believers on the Lord. 43 For quite a few days he remained in Jop´pa with a certain Simon, a tanner.

Pax,

Ruth

• minimus
    minimus

Ruth, great point! If the preaching work was the most important aspect of Christianity, why not focus on that??

Sir, can you imagine if they had to turn in their papyrus slips??

Must Obey?Yadda---I don't know why you think that this thread is moronic and/or annoying. Perhaps you are not in the best mood today....I'll chalk it up to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit