Are You Still Influenced By The Watchtower Society?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    I have to admit that I still miss the danishes, both kinds apple and cheese. If they bring food back to the conventions, I won't be back though.

blondie that is CLASSIC! you crack me up!! :)

• onacruse
    onacruse

What's that saying, "we're all products of our environment"? Everything that's happened to us, or that we've done to ourselves, well...that's all part of our psyche, and it's impossible to "erase" it. In fact, trying to "erase" it is imo nothing less than "stuffing" it, and it will remain unresolved and fester like an infected boil.

The trick for me is to keep looking at how I'm still affected by my JW upbringing, being honest with myself and listening to what others say (even if they have to say it 50 times before I finally get the point )

Craig (of the "peeling the onion" class)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Pork Chop said:

Everyone that posts here, or lurks here, is influenced by theOrganization or they wouldn't be here.

So true, but some of us are here to help those who are getting out or in various stages of healing. I aspire to be one of those who helps and in turn it helps me heal.

KateVisit Smiley Central!free,free set them free.......

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, if we're here, we're definitely still influenced by the Society.....No getting around it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit