Darkspilver's attacks - time to respond!

by The Searcher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I have read many of his posts. I have no problem with him. He backs up every point he can with detailed info.

He is a certain type of personality, possibly Aspergers, definitely a pedant. I think this site is definitely better off having someone like him keeping the rest of us on our toes. I can see that he might irritate some people with his abrasiveness, but I am totally fine with it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know all the details, but I do know he was correct about you misquoting a WT in another thread.

You quoted the WT in such a way that made it look as if they opposed confessing to the elders in 2010 when in fact the same article advocates confessing to the elders. It was a bit odd and you never responded when the error was pointed out to you.

The WT has long held the rather baffling position that confession should not be to men (contra Catholic priests) and that JWs need to confess their sins to the elders. How they square that circle is a bit of a mystery, but their stance has not changed as you implied.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5159427667656704/faithful-slave-urges-confession-latest-watchtower

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"What possible motive would anyone on this site have for trying to discredit sincere and factual criticisms of the org and its teachings?"

Counting time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit