Does Disfellowshipping only prohibit spiritual contact with a DF family member or friend?

by Isambard Crater 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice
    My bad vidiot.
  • Dubfounded
    Dubfounded

In the shepherd the flock book it says that a family member having non spiritual association with a disfellowshipped family member should be counselled but no judicial action can be taken. However, they will not be able to hold privileges of service in the congregation as these require an individual to be exemplary.

So if your disfellowshipped and your father who is an elder shuns you, he is choosing his privilege of service to an organisation over his duty and love as a father.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls......if you have to cheat LIE to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

There. Vidot I fixed that for you!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    The family ties remain intact but no spiritual communication IF THEY LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF!

I wanted to clarify this thing I wrote earlier in this thread. I simply repeated what the watchtower says without thinking to much about it, but the reality is that if you are not allowed to talk about spiritual stuff to your family, than, no, your family ties are not intact.

Families should be able to talk about everything, EVERYTHING. Once you place a topic as religion off limits to communication, than you are basically limiting what can be shared and experienced together. This is what a relationship (aka: ties) is.

For instance, a JW goes to the kingdom hall and hears or see something that was hilarious and made everyone laugh. Comes back home and in a normal relationship, when asked about how it went, he/she would immediately share the hilarious experience. But not a JW. He/she will not share it as anything to do with religion is off limit. This is a missed opportunity to share laughter.

This type of scenario is small, but life is made up of hundreds of small scenarios like this. Collectively, they make up our lives and define the relationship we have with our friends and family.

So no, family ties suffer a great deal, even under the same roof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit