One In A Thousand!

by The Bethelite 4 Replies latest jw friends

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

I was in New York City last week. The first time in many years. One couldn't help but notice how many people there are in the world, thousands, millions....billions.

Any major city in the world can give you this sense of the vast sea of humanity.

Lots of people with their own unique stories, children and families that need attention, yes people with the same concerns and worries we all have.

Before as a Jehovah's Witness when I live in New York, I could only look at these people as the walking dead. As the vast majority of them would soon be killed off by my god.

Eight Billion people on the planet and eight million Jehovah's Witnesses....so in New York City or anywhere on the planet for that fact I would only be able to find one person for ever 1,000 people seen that would be my brother, a fellow survivor of the promised coming massacre. Looking at these people and their families walking down the street one could only think that this was a sad ratio for sure.

This last week I saw these people, this vast hoard of humanity in a different light. Had they change some how? No of course not.... I had.

I saw these people in a new light.

These people are not different then me. The are me! There is no "us and them" there is only us!

I was no longer one special person in a 1,000. I was one person of a 1,000 people.

People like myself all wonderfully and divinely unique. The vast brotherhood of mankind.

Yes, I had taken the red pill for sure and there would no more Kool-Aid for me now.

• sparky1
    sparky1

'I am human : nothing human is alien to me.' - Terence

'I am human : everything human is alien to me.' - The Average Jehovah's Witness

• stillin
    stillin

I love the phrase "brotherhood of mankind." The different shapes, sizes, colors and a myriad of other features. Yet, the sameness that pervades us is subtle yet glaring. And each person has their own story and uniqueness.

I only wish that mutual respect could be as pervasive as our isolation.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and die with their song still inside them." Thoreau

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Love you buddy, thanks for all you do Keith

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Keith -- Just ordered your book. If the "sample" pages on Amazon are any indication of the rest of it, I think I'll have it read pretty quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit