Who Is America? Sacha Baron Cohen (Ambush humor--what do you think?)

by TerryWalstrom 17 Replies latest jw friends

• TerryWalstrom
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol i just saw this article and was going to bump your post, terry.

• jws
    jws

Just saw him the video of him trying to trick a liberal: Bernie Sanders.

He tried to argue that we just move the rest of the people into the top 1%. Bernie looked at him like he was crazy and that the math didn't work out.

Score one for Bernie. A guy who thinks first.

The one with the guns and 4 year olds was just outrageous. I honestly don't think people who think about this would be like, yes, let's arm kindergartners. What could go wrong? Because 4 year olds never have tantrums and attack each other and them having deadly weapons wouldn't change anything, right? But those that think it's brilliant tells us something. Even if you're for kids like teens having guns, you've got to take pause at 4 year olds. And if you're all gung-ho for 4 year olds, have you really thought it over? Or are you just hoping for those awesome Russian NRA campaign donations?

• blownaway
  • jws
    jws

Yeah, a gun store owner recognized him. Which makes all those pro-gun people who went right along with him look even more stupid.

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt that people genuinely want to give 4 year olds real weapons. It's more likely that in their head they are picturing starting education about responsible ownership at that age and Cohen plants that kind of seed with the lead-in to the discussion.

It's easy to just drop a clip in where the previous part of a discussion that defines a different context is missed so that it appears people are talking about something else.

• jws
    jws

Yes, it would be interesting to see everything in full context. Not rearranged (if it was).

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

There is a popular semantic trick when discussing the controversial subject matter. The interviewer listens and replies, "So what you're saying is..." The trick substitutes the interpretation in place of the actual statement.
    It should seem (yet somehow does not) obvious that using tricks to win is really losing.
    Except preception is said to be the reality!

Q and A ain't what it used to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit