Jehovah’s Witness jailed for sexual activity with a child

by LevelThePlayingField 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

A fifteen year old is immature and set on proving how mature they are. An insecure one might be drawn particularly to an older attentive male.

Later she would be horrified when she realized she was manipulated and used by a married man who had kids her age. She would be concerned for his family and how he might be manipulating other young girls. She might well be in a real relationship and trying to deal with her actions towards his wife as she is contemplating marriage herself.

He is damn lucky his wife is forgiving, but he is paying a price for breaking civilizations rules. Morality has always been about protecting the integrity of the essential social unit, the family. Property value of women may have figured into it but adultery is the higher sin than fornication in every religion that I'm aware of for both genders. Now he was both morally and legally in the wrong and he will pay for it. There are reasons for laws about age of consent and he has 2years to think on it.

I wonder when he confessed to elders. They are standing by him. Maybe he is an elder, because a regular JW who doesn't promptly confess is usually judged unrepentant and DFd. Remember their video with the young guy who impregnated his bar hook up? Doesn't an elder get a free pass after 3 years?

I wonder what's happening to the girl in the org. I wonder if she confessed to elders and they urged her to report? I know th wtbts will be changing. I wonder if this is a start?

• prologos
    prologos

warehouse

"--skewed, because the data is only created in situations where the outcome is negative." and
    now that we have criminalized these events, even when no serious physical contact is involved, even only conversation, there is guaranteed to be negative outcomes., often even tragic. see the OP.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Warehouse....can't believe you just said that?!? - yes it's happened for centuries, it's called sexual exploitation of women (young ones especially) and as for 'consensual', I would guess it's happened more often with grooming, emotional or physical abuse. Thankfully modern society is waking up to the fact that thats NOT OKAY. Thankfully we are not in the dark ages or the third world.

• warehouse
    warehouse
    as for 'consensual', I would guess it's happened more often with grooming

So if the same 15yo girl has sex with a 16yo boy, the 16yo groomed the 15yo? Or they dated? Who's going to jail in this situation? Is this situation negative? What happened differently to allow this to be viewed as . . . okay? How are the actions of the boy acceptable and the older guys are not, even though they result in the same thing, sexual conduct?

• warehouse
    warehouse
    prologos

warehouse
    "--skewed, because the data is only created in situations where the outcome is negative." and
    now that we have criminalized these events, even when no serious physical contact is involved, even only conversation, there is guaranteed to be negative outcomes., often even tragic. see the OP.

Exactly. Really, I should have mentioned that my statement was alluded to by others in this thread.

I guess I have the opinion that certain laws shouldn't necessarily be broken, but at the same time, some need to be adjusted, or done away with entirely.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Warehouse there is a big difference between normal, mutual consented teenage sexual experimentation and an adult taking advantage of a child. They are not equal, in fact the adolescent brain has not even finished forming, hence one is a criminal act and one is not.

You are sounding like you sympathise with this middle aged pervert and it's not making you look good.

• warehouse
    warehouse
    You are sounding like you sympathise with this middle aged pervert and it's not making you look good.

I do sympathize with him. People get taken advantage all the time, and I'm not saying that it's good. This guy had no business being with this girl, but for way more reasons than an age discrepancy. It was a factor, sure, but she had the moral sense to feel bad about it, which means she should some responsibility for her actions as well. Had she been just a measly three years older (honestly, NO difference in maturity), there would be no jail time, and this guy would have gotten off scott-free.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Not sure if you have a daughter Warehouse, but as a father to girls you can be sure that if a married man of 35 was touching them up at 15, I would some be exhibiting some default human behaviour.
  • freddo
    freddo

@warehouse - oh dear. You do not sound good at all.

As for your "measly three years" well it's actually only one measly year in most situations in the UK as the age of consent is generally 16 over here unless there is a position of trust such as teacher/pupil. But it is a firmly drawn line and so it should be.

But if you want to defend a 15 year old girl being involved with a 35 year old married man and them being equally culpable you crack on pal. Shameful.

Completely different from teenagers of similar age experimenting with one just over and one just under the age of consent.

• warehouse
    warehouse
    Not sure if you have a daughter Warehouse, but as a father to girls you can be sure that if a married man of 35 was touching them up at 15, I would some be exhibiting some default human behaviour.

And in other countries, fathers SELL their preteen daughters to the highest bidder. When judging others, we should take local customs and norms into account, but at the same time, what's acceptable or unacceptable from our own standpoint isn't always the best fit for every circumstance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit