happy birthday.

by zeb 17 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
  • smiddy
    smiddy

It`s the little things like that zeb that make us human ,well done , and also a happy birthday to you.

smiddy

• zeb
    zeb

heartfelt thanks to ye all. hugs.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

happy birthday!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Happy birthday Zeb, from your friend on the opposite side of the world .

I hope all your days are special and beautiful ones!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

God has his glory and nothing/nobody can take that away no matter what the act. However, along with the WTBTS reason, here's how I reason out my somewhat agreement with the 'birthday ban' of this Org:

• Every single day is somebody's birthday; it can be quite tiresome to spend life planning/organizing, attending people's birthdays. It definitely consumes massive time/resources from preaching God's Kingdom, which is what true Christians should be concerned with 1st and foremost.
    • These celebrations are done in such a way that are nothing more than an excuse to excessive drinking/eating and carrying on with un-Christian-like behaviors.
    • Birthday ceremonies easily facilitate development of a narcissistic attitude on the person celebrated.

Birthdays in my family are acknowledged in a very private setting: We'd go out to dinner, out shopping, or some other activity and rejoice with the person, tell stories about their life, etc., all in a very familiar/private setting; also know of other JW families that observe their loved ones' birthdays this way as well.

I'm okay with it this way, contrary to the common practice of society at large.

DY

• talesin
    talesin

Zeb, you're welcome. I took that pic and thought you might like it. Since I was a kid, my dream was to go to Australia. My PM function doesn't work, so I could not reply to your message. Take care, my friend, I will always treasure the support you have given me and many others. Always in my heart, my friend, Zeb. xx

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    • These celebrations are done in such a way that are nothing more than an excuse to excessive drinking/eating and carrying on with un-Christian-like behaviors.

Bullocks! In 9 out of 10 cases, they are merely a happy family meal with a cake and a happy birthday song thrown into it. My son turned 19 two weeks ago and we had cake and a happy birthday song and we didn't resort to alcohol and substance abuse, sexual misconduct or Satan worship.

• Birthday ceremonies easily facilitate development of a narcissistic attitude on the person celebrated.

More bullocks! There's more creature worship in front of a TV screen every time a sanctimonious GB member speaks, than in most anonymous birthday celebrations.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit