Changes to prophecy

by Rattigan350 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The search feature is not easy to find things so I'll start a new topic.

The July 2022 W had this picture.

Note that they say Satan and his demons were cast out of heaven, About 1914. Their math is getting fuzzier.

And there was a recent topic on here about the 1000 year reign. This shows that it starts at Armageddon.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I believe the ousting of Satan from heaven is still a future event. Its too calm still on earth.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I wonder what kind of "Regional CONvention" or world event would initiate the Borg to claim that Satan is cast out of Heaven since it is a future event..

Kinda like the Cedar Point Ohio convention .

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Kosonen:

I believe the ousting of Satan from heaven is still a future event.

I suppose this is correct in the loose sense that 'it hasn't happened yet', but only because it is a fiction that will never happen.

Notably, there are no correct dates in the timeline. Even if it could be established that Jesus is accurately portrayed in the stories written about him decades later, he would have been born in 4BC, baptised 26AD, and died 30AD. Abraham is a fictitious allegorical character, but if he existed at all, then based on the Bible, it wasn't in 1943 BC. (The actual placement of Abraham depends on which interpretation is taken for the spurious '400 years of enslavement in Egypt' starting from either Ishmael teasing Isaac or after Jacob went to Egypt, though both versions result in inconsistencies, and neither arrives at 1943BC.) The concept of Satan being 'cast out of heaven to the vicinity of the earth' contradicts the Watch Tower Society's position that the 'spirit realm' is independent of any physical location in the universe. And that's all before we get to their beliefs about 1914 being nonsense.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Despite the orgs claims that the end is closer than ever, the reality is that time is their friend.

It's already been 28 years since the generation change of 1995. A jw would have to be almost 40 years old to remember the original doctrine of the 1914 generation with any significance.

This seemingly insignificant editing of how they describe the events of 1914, using the word 'about', seems logical as they will have to gradually move away from the whole generation thing eventually. The gb know it will take decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit