How this Jehovah’s Witness feels about the Australian Royal Commission

by Simple Minds 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm sure many people feel the same. You can speak out against wrongdoing in "Jehovah's" organization, just be prepared to be attacked.

DD

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm sorry, I read " As a Jehovah's Witness, I know I have to remain silent"

I'm glad you speak up, good for you. I wish more had the guts to say something. I know it's not easy because it's not a popular subject but it's so important.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Leave it in Jehovah's hands" That makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Jehovah sat in His Heaven and watched while little children were being raped and buggered, even in Kingdom Halls, do such JW numbnuts think he is going to do anything in the future ?

There "god" obviously approves of Child Abuse, Jehovah, a God of the Paedophiles.

• freddo
    freddo
    Take your time and breathe "Simple Minds" - there is no need to rush.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Simple minds,

I well remember facing trusted JW friends with hard questions, putting it to them that this could be an exercise in thinking through how we'd answer such questions from non witnesses, who sincerely expected fair and honest answers from those who claim to have 'the only true religion' and who are the only ones who speak on God's behalf.

They turned their backs. They didn't want to think or 'help' me by searching for a healing and honest answer.

I know how it feels to work through the shame of who I once thought we were, to what time has revealed us to be.

I didn't hear the 'voice of Jesus' in the ARC witness stand, giving the right words to 'the brothers' - I heard something quite different.

It's OK - take one hour, one day at a time.

Dont panic - which is what I did I guess - I went a bit beserk, said too much, lost ground accordingly.

Take your time, protect yourself. ((((Hugs))))

• cognac
    cognac
    silencing any criticism make me feel helpless.

That statement brought a tear to my eyes. I know that pain all to well.... It cuts really deep... I'm sorry....
  • jhine
    jhine

Simple Minds , that must be so hard for you .

Jan

• barry
    barry

Gday simple minds,

You're very courageous to come to this site many witnesses just wouldn't do that. I have the utmost respect for your stand in trying to make a difference because what happened in the past is done but from now on things can change and only people like you can make a difference.

You're right no one can say you are apostate for your stand but even the WT lawyer seemed defiant even after all the evidence and rulings of the ARC. The WT lawyer was very much controlled by the dictates of the Society. Many here will be praying for your efforts because one more victim is too many.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

One thing, I wonder about: if there a 2nd witness, wouldn't it mean, that's an abuser also?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

I had spent years researching TTATT, and was shocked and disturbed by all I found.

THEN, THE ARC took place, and it was the final straw that broke my back. The final nail in the coffin if you like.

Not just the disgusting abuse itself, but the arrogant and dismissive and contemptuous manner that the society representatives handled the ARC procedures was appalling!

The outright lies when questioned about internal procedures such as back-room judicial meetings etc. The lies by VinToole about "theocratic warfare" etc....

The arrogance of Geoffrey Jackson's excuses and misleading responses.

The society had the chance to actually endear themselves to the authorities, the public in general and witnesses themselves by the way they handled this case. Instead of treating it with contempt, they should have worked WITH the commission and owned a problem.

Instead, they have now made matters worse for all future times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit