A Witness on Facebook posted why JW is not a cult!

by Addison0998 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so just who is the president of the headquarters--i dont know--does anyone ?

• St George of England
    St George of England

WTB&TS of Penn - Robert Ciranko

WTB&TS of NY - Leon Weaver Jr

They are the latest incumbents as far as I am aware.

The printed WT always used to have the President and Sec/Treas printed inside the front cover.

George

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

01. Big lie. That number doesn't prove anything. Or do 15 million Mormons prove that they are not a cult and that they own the truth alone?

02. What is that supposed to say when at the same time he conceals that 795 people leave religion every day?

03. Big lie. Not adomished by Christ - ADOMISHED by the facefull and discreet slave.

04. Big lie for the first World War. And the poster also refers to JWs in 1914 - see point 17.

05. Other religions are also persecuted and thrown into prison.

06. But at home in front of the TV the JWs cheer on the sports team of their country and celebrate only the goals of their own national team.

07. Big lie. The same lie as birthdays and Christmas that JWs give each other gifts all year round.

When teenagers JWs want to celebrate a party, there are chaperones. They take care not to drink too much alcohol, if there is alcohol at all. They make sure that kingdom songs are played - many "worldly" songs would not be allowed. They watch what games are played. They pay attention to what is said and that no foul words or jokes are told. They make sure that the party ends early so that everyone is fit for the next morning fieldservice. A boy and a girl must never be alone without observation. That's supposed to be a party????

08. Big lie.

09. Big lie. Millions of the JW are born in it. Many were baptized when they were less than 10 years old. Even when one was baptized at 14 or 15, this was usually done by group pressure from the religious community.

12. Big lie. Taking a magazine (at the front door or on a cart) does not mean that it is being read.

14. Big lie. Can I really as a single brother stay overnight with any single sister? (at ANY JW home)

16. Big lie. The JWs have "normal" printing presses like other companys - MEPS = Typesetting software for multilingual print pieces

17. Big lie. When the photodrama was 1914 produced, there were no Jehovah's Witnesses. Members of the movement have variously referred to themselves as Bible Students, International Bible Students, Associated Bible Students, or Independent Bible Students.

• zeb
    zeb

I understand the first sound motion picture was made here in Australia by the Salvation Army. It was called "Soldiers of the Cross." I understand it was fairly bloody with Lions eating Christians etc. It would have been an "R" rating today.

There was no ratings system then. No copies of it are believed to exist today.

The hours.. In my time I would do rural witnessing 4 or 5 of us in a car and all book hours for the same journey so a day of 6 hours was recorded as people times that ie 24 or 30 hours.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sounds like this Facebook poster is trying hard to convince themselves this is NOT a cult. And, number 15, 1.8 billion hours spent preaching, ha! Sooo many pad their time, or just make it up.

• jhine
    jhine

No 9 , you do not earn salvation .

Jan

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Name 3 religions that were accused of being a cult that were not.

Name just 1 religion that was accused of being a cult and it turned out it was not.

People don't through around the accusation that a religion is a cult loosely or haphazardly.

• tiki
    tiki

Delusional.......drunk on the kool-aid....

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

And who gives a shit !! Aint got no time for reading that !

Zing

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just a recommendation to anyone here who has not read it, order the Steven Hassan book, “Combatting Cult Mind Control”. Do it today!!

It undoubtably shows that JWs are the “Poster Child” example of a Cult. They meet EVERY criteria!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit