PIMI relative complains about convention venue.

by joe134cd 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have just got of the phone with a relative complaining about the convention venue. As far as my relative is concerned Wt can do no wrong, so for him to say what he did it must of been bad. The venue where the convention was held was described to me as a “tin shed with no air conditioning”. He didn’t know “how the brothers expected anyone to take on any information in such terrible conditions.” What made the situation worse was it was held at the worst possible time in the middle of winter, and in a city that was in the middle of no where. Probably 70% of them would of required traveling.

i was tempted to say, that if he felt the way he did, that he should of walked out. I was also tempted to ask what the cost of the assembly was.

me thinks wt trying to save a buck.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Remind him that the information at given at the convention will appear in future issues of the Watchtower as it always has since they started having them.
  • steve2
    steve2

Is this in New Zealand?

• sir82
    sir82

Remind him that the information at given at the convention will appear in future issues of the Watchtower

as it always has since they started having them.

And the entire convention program is available via streaming, if he can convince some elder to give him the rights to view it.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Tell him to cheer up. Maybe his experience will be mentioned at an assembly in some third world country where they have to wade through alligator infested swamps but they don't have to endure the cold.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Its just little things like this that start cracks appearing in what you believed was the absolute truth ,hopefully a few more cracks his eyes will start to be opened ,the scales fall off and the rose coloured glasses will be removed .

You never know.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Maybe it's the lack of money. Back in my youth in the 60's we had many assembly in so called tin sheds with no air conditioners. What about the hell hole in the 1969 open air convention in Atlanta GA with temperatures running near 100 degrees with humidity to match.

The wt. is just going back to the good old days. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

To bad he didnt complain about the CONTENT of the convention.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As a Jobo, I always thought it a bit out of place for another Jobo to complain about Jehovah's provisions(tm).

Oh, the utter cheek of it. Tittle poo.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

When JW's start complaining (rightly so), WT gives some sort of talk about murmuring. In others words...."shut up and sit down and enjoy the spiritual food that Jehovah (aka, the Borg) has so lovingly prepared for you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit