Did Jesus Die On a Stake or a Cross?

by Sea Breeze 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

There were various styles- some punishments involved a simple stake, others used a cross beam. Some people were hung upside down, others in different ways for amusement. Some used ropes and not nails, Sometimes there was a seat- or horn that protruded into the persons private areas, to make the ordeal more excruciating.

There is evidence in a crucified skeleton from around the time of Jesus that had the nails driven into the sides of the ankles and therefore, no footrest was used.

In summary, there were various methods of crucifixion and and no one can say for certain which crucifixion method was used on Jesus and it doesnt really matter. Even the gospels are not eyewitness accounts.”

There is talk that David was kind of crucified when he was a younger man going through his hard time with his enemies, it obviously didn’t kill him.

this was what he was talking about in Psalms 22;16

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Psalms 22:16 doesn't matche any incident in David's life; instead, it is a symbolic description of his anguish over what seems to be unanswered prayers for deliverance The verse does prophetically closely match the experience of one of Davis's descendants, Jesus, during His final hours.

"For dogs have compassed me: The assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: They pierced my hands and my feet."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit