JW HLC....a mixed bunch...what has been your experience?

by Lee Elder 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You will not believe this OC but as I turned to read your post on this thread, I was speaking with a man (not JW) that had a problem with his bowel when he was born but this man showed me a horrific scar from the surgery he received as a baby. I mean horrific. Broke my heart. Besides such a scar- indescribable, he also suffers from incontinence.

After reading your post, I understand....

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

problemaddict: I was being groomed to be part of the HLC as a young guy. Most of what we did, was go through the hospital and visit JW's from other places registered as JW's. The guy "training" me now in hindsight, was not qualified in the least bit to understand and advise on complex medical issues. I found this to often be the case with the boots on the ground guys that show up to the hospital.
    They were more focused on being a "presence" of sorts, to make sure what they called the patients wishes were respected.

TD: ...and two JW elders (HLC?) showed up at the hospital. They seemed like decent enough men although they were not qualified to give medical advice of any sort.
    They politely left after a brief conversation.

Yes, the 'bottom level' of the HLC hierarchy. You both describe what the initial pool of special pioneers are like that the WTS draws their noblood 'experts' from. Or rather, the pool of volunteer medical support people that either couldn't or didn't move up the HLC ladder to bigger and better positions.

In the HLC hierarchy, the lowly special pioneer member is the one who simply visits hospitals when congregants need support. Actually, though, the support isn't direct - it is directed towards the hospital personnel. The HLC is there to ensure that the hospital follows the noblood order. And to arrange for alternative procedures if needed. Patient interaction is generally done by the elders et al - the patient visiting team. They are the ones whose job it is to ensure that the patient remains steadfast in their refusal of blood - or, if convenient, changes their mind to fall in line with what the HLC 'recommends'.

Those 'recommendations' come from up line. From the HLC guys who climbed the ladder. There is another layer of special pioneer class HLC. The ones who travel to seminars and give presentations at hospitals etc to medical professionals, promoting the WT brand of 'blood management'. And make calls on doctors, evangelizing to them about the virtues of blood management etc., leaving noblood literature etc with them.

Then there are the HLC guys who write and publish papers in medical journals, presenting arguments and rationale for no blood treatments and recommendations on how to "manage the JW patient".

And there are the noblood guys who, on their way up the WT noblood ladder of success, find niche spots to make noblood pursuits their livelihood. Because, right at the very top of the HLC pinnacle, at the heavenly elevated spot of disengaging from the WT network, an HLC man can hold an international position that allows him to make decisions that impact everybody's blood supply.

Whew...I need more coffee. I will try to return with actual names and people to stick on the rungs of that HLC ladder so that it doesn't seem like I am just pulling this "theory" out of where the sun don't shine.

The HLC starts at the level of congregational special pioneer and ends at the level of global influence on the world's blood supply. It is a long ladder and a profitable one.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Fisherman: You will not believe this OC but as I turned to read your post on this thread, I was speaking with a man (not JW) that had a problem with his bowel when he was born but this man showed me a horrific scar from the surgery he received as a baby. I mean horrific. Broke my heart. Besides such a scar- indescribable, he also suffers from incontinence.
    After reading your post, I understand....

Aw, Fisherman, I will believe you.

To this day, babies with smooth, clean perfect little bellies appear quite odd to me. I am most familiar with the twisted line of scar tissue that disfigured my perfect baby's belly. Haha! I had surgery myself at 40 years of age or so. When I got out of the hospital, my son and I compared our belly scars. Mine was longer - 11 1/2 inches compared to his of 9 1/2 inches. Only thing is - he got his when he was a baby - sliced wide open and laid out on the operating table like a fish.

My son didn't suffer long term effects (not really, just sort of...) because he was, and still is, a gifted athlete with fearless abilities.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

When I had to have surgery I had already woken up to TTAT and I had already been told by my surgeons that there would be no blood issue at all, no blood needed in this op. But as soon as the cong HLC elder heard I was having surgery he started pestering me to allow him to do his hlc thing and have his moment of glory, telling my surgeons about jws crazy beliefs and discussing my medical situation with them! I said no no no thanks all the way, yet he kept on at me, even stooping to bombarding my relations with his "loving concern". I stuck to my guns and kept hlc out of it. After that he never spoke to me again! Lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit