JW's With Explosives?--A Little Hard to Believe!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

This is a little hard to believe. (2018 article)

This article must have slipped by me because I never heard of this before.

Explosives seized from Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia.
    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2018/10/11/explosives-seized-from-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia-investigators-claim-a63161

Atlantis!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Atlantis, there is a thread somewhere on here about the incident. The "explosives" were WW2 artifacts/souvenirs. An unarmed grenade or something like that.

*Here it is:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5973706577805312/jw-detained-putins-russia-accused-extremism

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

OrphanCrow:

Thank you for the extra information. Your link helps to understand the circumstances that these were unarmed artifacts.

I knew something didn't sound right.

Many thanks!

Atlantis!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I call bullshit. The Russian government played this up to make Jehovah's Witnesses look crazier and more dangerous than they actually are.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

john.prestor:

Yes, I see your point. Does sound like some sort of a "set-up" doesn't it? I think the Watchtower claimed "planting evidence" was involved.

Atlantis!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It sounds planted alright, Jehovah's Witnesses are pacifists, I can't see them owning guns much less hand grenades, come on. I don't know anything else about this except what I read in the articles you posted, but just on the face of it, I find it convenient and unbelievable. If the government didn't plant them they grabbed those World War II relics and knowingly played up their significance.

• dbq407
    dbq407

john.prestor, i know many jws that own guns in the midwest, its very common. But not grenades.

• stillMS
    stillMS

By default, I believe every word coming out of the mouth of Russian gov't or media to be a lie/BS/propaganda (given their track-record of permanent blatant lies on any subject).

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The grenade/landmines were simply WW2 artifacts that somebody (a relative of the JW) had picked up and saved. No biggie. Not planted and not an issue. It was only made into an issue by the media. That is the purpose of media (regardless of who the media "belongs to") - propaganda. It happens on 'both sides'.

• stillMS
    stillMS

Fakes/propaganda really happen on 'all sides' - the only difference is that on the Russian gov't side it's a standard practice (close to 99% of lies), multiplied by a sky-rocket level of cynisicm and malice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit