How Fear is Weaponized

by Sea Breeze 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Religion = Fear of Death X Insecurity of life

I know a Superzealous JW who is absolutely terrified about death. He had never attended funerals due to the fear of dead bodies. Later I realized that it was his terrified fear of death that makes him a Superzeal JW.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I think NDE's and especially Terminal Lucidity are strong empirical evidences of a soul or an immaterial self that is hard to ignore. If you strip the Christian religion down to its bare bones, it goes something like this:

A man walked out of a tomb after being crucified and appeared to hundreds of people shortly thereafter. He says that I can walk out of my own tomb one day with his help if I want it.

That's it! Pretty simple if you strip off all the theology. I'm pretty sure that was the initial appeal of the eye witnesses at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSG5okmUr8

• Simon
    Simon
    That's it! Pretty simple if you strip off all the theology. I'm pretty sure that was the initial appeal of the eye witnesses at the time.

Except you didn't write it correctly. Here, let me help:

"A man writes the story that a man walked out of a tomb after being crucified and appeared to hundreds of people shortly thereafter. He says that I can walk out of my own tomb one day with his help if I want it."

Most people know it's bollocks - because not one single time has anyone actually managed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit