Help please

by PhillipThomas 8 Replies latest jw friends

• PhillipThomas
    PhillipThomas

Hello...been baptized for about a year and a half...just aware now...they ARE watching me...possibly even NOW...HELP ME!!!

I'm too afraid to say too much here...they could even be HERE disguised as ex-JW's to watch for people like me...

How do I get help?? Who do I trust? ...I'm scared...please help me....what do I do?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

If I had to do it over again... And if I had been recently baptized.... and if I had the resources; here's what I would do.

I would threaten to file a law suit against the local body of elders as well as the Watchtower for hiding the fact that it is official Watchtower doctrine that Jesus is not your Mediator when a person gets baptized.

The 80 questions that they went over with you prior to baptism does not cover this vital feature of their religion.

Let them know that now that you know this doctrine, you would have never have gotten baptized under these conditions. Tell them you consider this to be a deceptive trade practice.

Tell them that you want your baptism annulled. You do not want to be disfellowshipped. You do not want to disassociate yourself. You simply want to go back to being a regular worldly person.

I am working on gathering evidence that might help such a case in the future. IM me if you are interested in talking more.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

How old are you? Are your family JWs or are you an adult and joined on your own? If so then just leave, and tell them to go the fuck away.

But I will tell you that no need to worry about ones disguising to look for somebody like you and really track them down. That would be an insane amount of work and nobody will be doing that. If you have FB friends and jw on social media and they see you changing, THAT can get reactions.

• punkofnice
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Phillip Thomas - Just walk away. Say nothing. Move to a new area of town or to another city and just disappear. Eventually, they will all forget you ever existed and will move on.

The "truth" is that none of the Witnesses really give a damn about you. After you have disappeared for a few months they will forget about you and they will forget your name. If they do cross your path at a store or other venue and say something to you, just speak to them as you would a neighbor or casual acquaintance. Acknowledge them, wish them well, say good-bye, and then move on and do your business. Don't engage them in a long conversation or any kind of debate.

The reality is that you will be better off and feel relief within just a few months. Visting here and watching ex-JW videos on YouTube will bolster your confidence. Just think of your time as a JW as an event like having a disease when you were a kid. You missed some school for a few days or a couple of weeks...Your friends and other classmates avoid you for a few days because you've been ill and maybe have "cooties." Then they just ignore you and eventually you just become another person they pass in the hallways. You are nothing to them - and they are nothing to you.

I found it interesting that a few years later when I did cross paths with old JW friends they were often friendly at first and ask about me and my family. Conversations were as they would be with any other past friend or acquaintance. If they ask you what Kingdom Hall you go to, just say "I don't go any longer. It was nice running into you - but I need to move along. Hopefully, we can chat again someday." They will actually appreciate that you did that because that does not force them to challenge you - because they really do not know your actual status. Maybe you were just in a hurry.

On the other hand, some ex-JWs take the opportunity to explain ("give a witness") to someone who they come across. They will often say something about their leaving and let their old friends know that they "finally came to realize that the Watchtower was not what it claimed to be - and "the Truth" is not really "the truth." And then just move on down the road. You might plant a seed in their damaged brains that could lead to them reappraising their own situation later on.

JV

• PhillipThomas
    PhillipThomas

Thank you all for your input....I'm not sure how easy it will be for me to just "drift away" but I'm going to give that a try.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How come their are two threads with the same topic ? a day apart from each other ?

• cofty
    cofty

They have no power that you do not grant them.

• Simon
    Simon

It's really easy. Just stop going. That's it.

If they ask why you're not going, just say "no thank you" and close the door.

It really is that simple, it's not like you're leaving Islam or Scientology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit