The Strange Case of Jim and Sandra Melgar

by Terry 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

By the time you reach the nine minute and forty one second mark you will know WHY I posted this.
    This may be old news to you - but I just discovered it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74s7jg1Fdf4&t=582s

• Biahi
    Biahi

When did this happen?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Strange indeed, but I wonder about the gun referred to in the story.

Do dubs in the US of A have guns ??

Wow, that sure would put them in a different place to the rest of the world’s dubs.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes, strange, Thx for share, Terry.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Ozzie, I know witnesses who hunt, many have guns. I guess technically they are not supposed to have pistols for protection, but I’m sure some do, and just don’t tell anyone.

• Terry
    Terry

According to my search results, Jim Melgar was found stabbed to death in his home in Houston, Texas on December 22, 20121.
    His wife, Sandra Melgar, was convicted of his murder and sentenced to 27 years in prison on August 24, 20171.
    The case has been controversial, with some disputing the verdict2.

This took place in Texas. I live in Texas but never heard a word about it before stumbling on to this video on YouTube.
    A close friend of mine who is a still-in JW was very empathetic toward the wife, fully accepting
    her story.
    I tend to think the Prosecution's imagination ran away with them.
    To do what this woman is said to have done she'd have to be two things simultaneously:
    First, a psychopathic mastermind.
    Second, physically invincible. A man fighting for his life against a woman in her ill health
    could put up quite a battle.
    In the end, none of us will ever know for certain.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am sure this verdict could be torn to shreds by any capable Lawyer.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Ozziepost -

I live on West Coast of the US, and many JW where I am have guns, including pistols.

• Terry
    Terry

In Texas we have OPEN CARRY (own a gun and wear it in public) and it's crickets all the way.
    Nothing unusual in having a friend with many guns as collectibles but kept loaded in the house.
    It's a "man" thing for the most part but not always.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

We simply don't have all the facts, however, the most suspicious element is his being tied and placed in the closet after his death. The staged appearance of the scene. Drawers opened but not rifled through etc. Bag of stuff dropped in the garage. His handgun was found in the very closet his body was found. The chair propped to appear to be locked in, pillow sham in the closet, the silly way she was found "tied" up. The "I must have had a seizure" and I heard nothing statements from her are pretty questionable.

I think they got the right person.

Apart from the murder, the handgun, the sex toys, and the joining his family for Christmas dinner, even bringing eggnog are kind of strange from a JW standpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit