New meeting format

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

That was 2012. I started my ‘Fade’ in 2001. I might have made a couple of memorials but haven’t set foot in a kh since then.

This is what I cannot stand: ..the absolute hypocrisy and selective memory loss of these people. I got criticized and shunned for a full time job. I accepted that they did not like me. But, what I do not accept, however, are any of them thinking they’ll look MY way for $$.

I remember it all like it was yesterday. The older JWs with cushy lives (already in the workforce) ..telling young people like me at the time to pursue poverty.. Yeah, the poverty that wasn’t good enough for them I might add.. Thankfully, I wasn’t raised in the “truth” and kept my job.. Boy, they all hated me like I had a scarlet letter written on my chest.. If I listened to these people years ago I’d be starving now. The sickest irony is that I would have been the last person to ever be helped! Nobody would feel sorry for me.

And I don’t have any tolerance for their rhetoric about a so-called brotherhood and I’m sure there’s a lot of crap talk like that there nowadays.

I perceive they are going to have major problems with needy people howling in pain. Whose fault is this? The religion told them not to get college or careers and not get retirement plans!! And what happens now when even MORE responsible working types leave the religion after these new changes? There will be even fewer people to corner with an envelope for money for people who didn’t work.

This is a horrible environment to be around and I feel sorry for the last few responsible individuals in the religion. They will be seen as walking ATMs.👎👎👎

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just getting back to the O.P, and the steady dumbing down of the teaching of how to present their faith to the public, that does explain why J.W's today are so inept. They cannot defend their beliefs, they just refer a person to the god-awful Cult-like Org. Web Site.

We had many examples, culled from textbooks , of how to do it.

I even remember one from before the ones mentioned by St.George, it was called "Equipped for Every Good Work" IIRC, and was itself dumbed down, by another new book, by the time I was old enough to join the TMS.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

To be honest, the way we were taught to defend our beliefs was meant to deal with the everyday person who knew very little about Christianity or the Bible. I can recall many times that I was challenged on my beliefs and was easily able to parry any approach by using the texts taught to me and that I could find in the Reasoning book.

But my ability to defend JW beliefs would have been strained had I run into anyone who understood those beliefs or had a reasonable grasp of the Bible. If JWs are having trouble defending their beliefs today, the Internet might be the biggest reason for it. People can develop a very effective criticism of JW beliefs by watching a few videos or reading a few messages online.

I don't really think the way that JWs are prepared has really changed all that much. But they are facing a world that is better prepared to respond to them and to attack their beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit