Hello everybody!

by roberto avon 12 Replies latest jw friends

• roberto avon
    roberto avon
    Hello Everybody,
    I've been lurking for a while and since I really adore reading the biggest part of the posts, especially this italian ( american) guy about his experiences at Bethel in the 70's, I feel a little bit guilty for not participating with my contribute. I am really so sorry for the people that are suffering because of the Wts.
    My story is a " happy ending " story, I married a Jw almost 30 years ago and I am here to tell that we are still very happy. She is very liberal and our 3 kids are " normal ". Till 2 weeks ago maybe I was convinced that being Catholic , Mormon or Jw was " almost " the same ( of course I did some research and came to another conclusion ).
    It is not!!!! My father in law died 1 week ago because 2 years ago he refused a surgery ( bladder cancer ) with the risk of needing a blood tranfusion.
    Afer his funeral we went to my wife's brother home where we had a meal with the other relatives ( also non jw's ) and there was a prayer to Jehovah. We looked at eachother ( the non jw's ) and I immagine we were thinking ; " how can you thank someone for taking away 5 years of your father's life ??"
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Hello. Glad your story has a happy ending and that your kids are "normal". Are you in the U.S.? If not, what country?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome aboard!

Doc

• flipper
    flipper

ROBERTO- Welcome to the board. My deepest condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. The WT Society and Jehovah's Witnesses are a criminal organization in that thousands of JW's have died worldwide due to the " no blood transfusion " policies. And yet- WT leaders will get away scot free without paying for their crimes of murder from such policies. WT leaders should be brought up on crimes against mankind for not only their blood transfusion policies - but also their faulty child abuse policies.

I'm glad you are here with us and very happy to learn that your wife and children are a family that's still intact and thriving positively. Good for you my friend. Others aren't so lucky. Count yourself fortunate ! Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Zana
    Zana

Hi roberto,

I remember your interesting posts on my "raising kids"-thread a while back. I guess because of our liberal JW wives it took both of us a little longer than usual to figure out it's a cult and not a religion.

What is your wife's thinking about the blood issue and her dad's decision to not have surgery? Does she herself carry a no-blood-card?

• roberto avon
    roberto avon
    Zana, wow....., you really got the point!!! Bravissima ( I am Italian ) !. It is all about the blood issue, of course I could write a novel about it but it would be boring. When for the first time and that is two years ago my wife heard that her father needed a surgery with a risk of a blood transfusion she told me and tried to convince her father that he had to accept the surgery and eventual blood transfusions and she was very well aware that she could have been disfellowshipped for this. She has an " expired " blood transfusion card as she said to me. Two or three years ago she had a surgery for herself and for the first time in my life I realised what it meant being married to a Jw. Till then she always told everybody that for the kids I was the one who had to decide. When she had the surgery she told the doctors she didn't want a blood transfusion but she didn't inform her congregation about her surgery, only my daughter ( atheist ) and I were surveying her. Everything went well but for me it was as waking up for the first time and that I had been soooo lucky till that time
  • crazy_flickering_light
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    Welcome, Roberto you are among friends.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Welcome Roberto to the forum. What a very sad story for your father in law. You did not give his age at the time of the bladder cancer diagnosis. I was 50 when I received the same horrible news and 75% of my bladder was covered in tumors. I did not require a transfusion and I have been cancer free for 15 years.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Ciao Roberto

Enjoyed your posts.

anche io parlo italiano

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit