12 june 2018 what to say

by LostAdam 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostAdam
    LostAdam

Hi eveyone, my sis told me something like where will I be after that day. I couldnt realize at first what she meant, but I found this on net donald-trump-kim-jong-un-meeting-singapore-june-12/

I found her reaction so pathetic, but I think she is really sorry for me leaving.

So how to do you reply to jw family or generally when news about world peace comes out?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Hi LostAdam,

My super-dub friend also sent me this with along with the caption : 'are you ready'?

I reminded him that 1986 was designated the 'year of peace'. If that was not a worldwide proclamation, then what is?

The prophecy about peace and security is so vague that it would take a brave person- or maybe a group of 8 people to perceive when it happens.

World leaders literally talk about peace all the time.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

It was such a big deal in 1986 that they even minted comemorative coins https://www.australian-coins.com/complete-guide-australian-1-dollar-1-coins/1986-international-year-of-peace-dollar/

Don't stress LA

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

How about neither the day nor the hour, so stfu. Or how about 1914,1975, 2014, or those dates in the 1800s. JWs and their stupid dates.

• sir82
    sir82

Pfft.

Ask them who the "King of the North" is.

Per JW convoluted theology, some entity known as the "King of the North" is supposed to start the ball rolling on the mayhem of the "great tribulation".

There has not been any "King of the North" identified by the WTS since the fall of the USSR in 1991.

No "King of the North"? Then no "Great Tribulation", no "Peace and Security", no "destruction of Babylon the Grape", no Armageddon, no nothin'.

• waton
    waton

every time , or "whenever" as Colossians said, a peace deal can turn sour. Think of Chamberlain at Munich, 1938. Singapore 2018?

Perhaps a peace loving Trump will have to be replaced by a president seeking to revenge Viet Nam, as Churchill got a revenge for Tripoli.

Mc cain the real mac Coy?

• LostAdam
    LostAdam

thank you all guys for your replies! She seemed really concerned lol. I am really sorry for all jw families who think their beloved ones will be destroyed just because they dont agree with their beliefs.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Nothing will happen until God destroys false religion then comes Armageddon.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I would say OK N. Korea we may be at peace with but what about Iran? Let's not Forget Pakistan, India and Russia all have nukes and a few other nations I don't know about. Let's not forget we have a secretary of state itching to start a major war. War is part of the definition of the human race and it looks like it will always be. Still Totally ADD

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Peace & Security

It is an unfortunate fact that the leadership of the Watchtower Kingdom have misled their followers for what seems an eternity, and there is no exception when it comes to what they have taught on this topic.

Watchtower relies on two things to complete their conquest. One, JWs don’t read. Two, JWs are highly superstitious.

If any JW would but for a minute take a hard look at what was written to the Ephesians in full, the Watchtower’s superstitious bologna would crumble.

What are JWs taught ..that they will know right off when they see it, this P&S announcement... or rather that they will read about it in the Watchtower, or other GB newsletter of the day, where the GB will proclaim “this is it!!!”

JWs will look for something to be “written to” them. However, what was the counsel given to the Ephesians?

Let’s have a look at the message given to the Ephesians. We will use the NWT.

Ephesians 5
    1 Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you.

Have any JWs pondered that verse? Christians were told back then that nothing would be written to them. And why? Let’s read the next verse.

2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.

What thief, coming in the night to rob, sends a written notice? Of course nothing will be written because nothing can be written as the “day” in question is coming without any notice whatsoever.

So, what does verse 3 really say?

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

The Christian Congregation at Ephesus was being told to STOP TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT.

They were obviously looking to the political entities for some indication as to when the “day” would come.

But Paul made a point. You cannot tell anything about anything from what the politics of the world is saying, for WHENEVER, ANYTIME and EVERY TIME they say “peace and security”, anything but is the result.

This precedent has been true throughout history and is as true today as in the past.

Look at the roaring twenties. It’s all good, they said, peace and security for everyone.

And BHAM!

Look at the titanic. “Not even God could sink this ship”. SLAM!

I am sure the readers here can fill the page with examples. It’s too easy.

Paul was right, WHENEVER they say one thing, the opposite is the case.

So, the very warning against looking to the world for a tell tale sign, Watchtower turned into yet another false prophecy to use as a lever in manipulating the superstitious masses under their control.

Well, what about the counsel to keep awake? Does this surely not demonstrate that JWs are right in their feeble minded ideas? Let’s examine.

4 But you, brothers, you are not in darkness, so that the day should overtake you as it would thieves,

Does this verse say that the “day” would not “overtake” or surprise Christians? NO! It clearly says that they would not be overtaken in the same way or manner as “thieves”.

BIG DIFFERENCE

Let me illustrate. You are on the job with Bob the slacker. Now, Bob didn’t pay attention when you were all told that the boss was going to show up to the job site out of the blue. So, Bob did his usual thing. He laid back thinking he could calculate the Boss’s arrival.

So, the Boss man shows up, like a thief in the night. Are you, the Christian worker surprised? You surely are, because you knew he was coming, but suddenly here he is in real-time and you had no idea that he would arrive when he did. SURPRISE!!

What about Bob the slacker. Not so good for Bob. He was caught sleeping on the job. Bob is screwed.

So, the Boss caught you working? Bad thing? No, certainly not. The Boss’s arrival “did not overtake you as it” did Slacker Bob. It overtook you while doing exactly what you were supposed to be doing. You are somewhat shocked, but happy.

Bob got tossed.

So the counsel was...

5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness. 6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.

Don’t be sleeping like Slacker Bob. Stay awake, be found doing what you are supposed to be doing. And stop looking at the world leaders for some sign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit