JW's in war zone

by Gorb 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

we can't assume anything from one response! We can only say that we don't know - when shots have been fired at or on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear base, it's sensible to start from the assumption that it was Ukraine's fault.

The Zaporizhzhia nuclear base has been taken over by the Russian military who are using it as a base. Ergo the Russians wouldn't be stupid enough to shell their own military base, especially considering the fact that the base has nuclear stuff in it.

It must be Ukrainian fighters who fired on the base.

• Gorb
    Gorb

A little bit of topic šŸ¤£

G.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I can guarantee that some compromises are now being made by many brothers in Ukraine. It must be remembered that it was only in the opening weeks of the invasion, that able bodied men could leave the country with their wives and kids. And knowing that the majority of witnesses are in the "Jehovah protects" mindset, I expect most stayed in-country with their families. This must have now lead to employment and conscription issues, as now nearly every government job is under some kind of military control and as the country's economy is in free-fall, many normal non-technical jobs just don't exist. Its really messed up. F**** even farmers have to deal with missiles and UXB's all the time just to plow. As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if the Governing Body reprints the "submitting to secular authority" and "compulsory community service" articles quite soon, to come onside with the Ukrainian Government and sooth the conscience of the local Brotherhood. This will be because the only work available I expect, will be either collecting used brass or Russian landmines, as the window cleaning jobs are now all gone, due to the fact that the panes in half of the country has been blown out.

• waton
    waton

just as a possibility, UKraine, like the UK, might adopt a very tolerant attitude toward all Warwick dictates to comply with European Union standards, the membership status it aspires to. and

to show the world the moral high ground its cause represent, or pretend to represent, an easy task, given the record and stated aim of the opponent.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

And the point isā€¦? Bickering?

I ask, what King, Caesar, Emperor, President or other self-empowered oligarch-dictator has not mounted his White Horse and ridden off with his bow to make conquest?

And in which case of the above, has not the Red Horse made great the slaughter?

And after which carnal warfare has there not come the Black Horse, inflation and hunger?

And if someone can direct me, in which century of the last 2000 years has not the Pale Horse taken 25%, ā€œthe fourth partā€..?

There is another White Horse coming. The next one is different.

• waton
    waton

jws are definitely neutral when it comes to one of the dividing feature of the conflict, namely that both warring side belong to a different branch of the orthodox church.

no zeal more expressed then between religious cousins, see the 30 year war, Iraq /Iran, The ire of the irelands. neutrality in the jw case means to be against all branches of BTG. armed and at times out of control branches.

• blondie
    blondie

The issue of whether jws should take up arms in the wars on earth have been discussed surely since 1914 when WW1 broke out, and during every war since then. So the reasons have been fairly clear that the WTS does not support its members doing so. In fact, now it is considered "disassociating yourself" if you do (DAing). While the WTS is wishwashy about it and says it is an individual choice, but it comes with a punishment if you chose "wrong." There was been much discussion over time about being drafted, and there have been many "legal get-arounds" used by the WTS, and major changes that meant some went to prison or were executed for not becoming part of the military before that "adjustment", only to have some able to do community service instead later and avoid prison.. Jws in Korea still are routinely sent to prison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit