Kingdom Hall Scheduler

by Thetruthhurts 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

If sender and recipient are on the same carrier many times charges are free. Maybe the elders have multiple cells tied to different carriers?

Na, I doubt it.

• toweragent
    toweragent

Yes, it is for the KHS (Kingdom Hall Schedules) program that some congregation use. It is built by brothers but not endorsed by HQ.

KHS stores all members contact info and such. The program requires a phone number and carrier to send a complete schedule of a particular meeting. Then the COBE (or whoever) can click "send schedule" and the program automatically does the rest.

Although I wish it was for something juicy or fishy, it's just faster and more efficient for the brother to plug in everybody's info once, then click a button once or twice a week. I don't know how other congs did it, but here it was optional.

Hope this helps!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    There are various ways of sending texts. If you're using a cheap service, they use the email address your carrier provides to send text messages (Typically spam) for free.
    For those services you do need the carrier as the lookup differs from carrier to carrier, if you want to send text messages properly, it requires you to sign a contract and pay a fee either for bulk messaging or per message.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess it would only be to those actually involved and being given meeting assignments. As for announcements, don’t they follow on zoom?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Possibly they're moving into market information on 8 million consumers with the idea of doing mass communication media when the religious part of the organisation fails.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit