ANTHROPORMORPHIZATION

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ditto Valis.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I have worked on farms, and lived in rural areas, and I've seen all sorts of animal behaviour.

Generally speaking, animals (birds included) living on their own, operate by their natural instincts. When we domesticate these critters, they tend to adapt taking on some of our human affect.

Birds (my fav. topic) are damn smart. For those of you living in North America, I'm sure you've had a wonderous visit from the lovable Grey Jay. They are also known as: Whiskey Jacks, Camp Robbers. They are incredibly intelligent. Similar are the gregarious chickadees and juncos. They have a symbiotic relationship with humans. I've seen them do some amazing things.

Some animals are very attuned to us. There are of course, dogs and cats. But other animals as well. Even when I worked on a farm, when you pay close attention to them, you can definitely tell: 'they know what's going on', and they have some sense of 'cause and effect'.

When we found abandoned fawns (baby deer), it didn't take too long before they adapted. This was in northern New Brunswick, Canada. Someone had accidentally killed the mother, being hit by a logging truck. There are these two adorable fawns. What to do? So someone took it upon themselves to keep an eye on them. But they would not leave the area where their mother had been killed. Which was obvious. But one of the wood camp employees would feed them, and eventually, they would get closer, and he could pat their heads and eventually, they just moved into camp. They sort of adopted this bruttish wood camp employee, which was kind of funny.

They responded to his words. He could say things, and they'd respond. They'd play and romp around. Too cute. But I was amazed, in retrospect, just how intelligent these little critters were. Eventually, they were getting too big, and domesticated, so they were taken to a farm (no, not for venison). When they were taken away to the new location, the owners said the two deer drove them crazy: bellyaching day and night, wouldn't eat and would be a bit destructive. When the camp employee from the original area showed up, the two deer went bananas. They licked him to death (not literally) but you know what I mean. I don't know what happened after that, but something tells me the camp employee probably wanted them back on his property (farm). There are probably laws against this, but who knows.

Anyways, that was a long about way of my observation of animals. Very adaptable and will atune to humans when they are in close proximity to them.

Robdar, I know she has worked at a zoo. She probably has some interesting observations.

But animals of all types, on their own: resort to their innate instincts.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Yep!

B'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

PROOF that animals are immoral creatures:

http://www.bangedup.com/archives/bridgestonesaveszz.wmv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit