Outstanding new book out today for you atheists, agnostics, humanists, naturalists and free thinkers

by Cornbread 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

On my "to read" list too... It's available for download as an e-book on iTunes for 15,99€.

I'm finding the subject of naturalism very interesting.

EdenOne

• Cornbread
    Cornbread
    Just finished reading it. Yep, poetic naturalism is right up my alley. One of my favorite quotes from the book is this: "Life ends, and that's part of what makes it special. What exists is here, in front of us, what we can see and touch and affect. Our lives are not dress rehearsals in which we plan and are tested in anticipation of the real show to come. This is it, the only performance we're going to get to give, and it is what we make it."
  • TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

Psalm: 103:15-18

"As for man, his days are like grass. As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. For the wind passes over it, and it is gone. Its place remembers it no more. But Yahweh's loving kindness is from everlasting to everlasting with those who fear him, his righteousness to children's children; to those who keep his covenant, to those who remember to obey his precepts."

• Cornbread
    Cornbread

Hi, try reading the book. It covers a lot of territory from the basic building blocks of existence at the quantum field level to Bayesian reasoning and Tiktaalik but it's an engaging read.

The takeaway is that theism is unnecessary to explain the natural world and people have to assume responsibility for their lives and actions.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Looks good thanks for the heads up. Physics and philosophy, nothing better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit