monthly broadcast "serving while raising a family"

by road to nowhere 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Don't know if this a belief or scandal. Did you get the guy who had raised his family while serving? It didn't say how he or his wife became witnesses, but;;;;;; he is a doctor, was invited to be a doc for the WT, sold out his home (at loss ((I bety)), moved, but you can be sure he didn't get a room at bethel. Then has the gall to knock higher education when he had to have spent 15 to 20 years getting to be a doc

And another song I couln't stand sung.

• zeb
    zeb

what was missing in his training?

• Listener
    Listener

It starts at 30.00 February 2018 monthly broadcast.

It's an interview with the Schiller family. They were married Sept. 16, 1972 and have 6 children. They were doing substitute circuit work early on when there were five children and he doesn't think the kids knew what they were doing. In 1989 they were pioneering and had the opportunity to help out at Bethel a week or two at a time. When Paterson was being established they made themselves available to work there, utilizing his services as a Doctor. The response that came back was how quickly were they able to sell their house and move up there. So they moved and sold their house at a loss. He says they learnt pretty quickly not to turn down any privileges, even though they had six kids, the oldest was 17 at the time.

They got to thinking that other parents require their kids to go to college, so they required their kids to pioneer for a year. All of them kept pioneering and supported themselves with jobs like cleaning, lumber yards and roofing. None of them have a complicated life that holds them down. Their kids keep in contact and they made their own decisions, since it is God that owns their children. The point being, don't turn down opportunities

I wonder if these parents also chose marriage mates for their children as it seems that they were brought up in a highly controlling family. Maybe he had been also and was made to go to college but found relief in his highly demanding career by devoting himself to the JWs.

There's a lot more to this story than what was told.

• zeb
    zeb

some of which will be the enormous work load on his wife..

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Then has the gall to knock higher education when he had to have spent 15 to 20 years getting to be a doc

These are the guys I really like: "I have got mine, but you cannot have yours. "

Noteworthy, too, that the GB don't trust their health care to the level of a "slug of brandy and a smack over the head with a rubber mallet." No bloody way! Only the best for them; the product of a university education and yay-number of years as an intern at a hospital, something they vociferously condemn. I completely run out of unpleasant adjectives to describe what I think of that attitude.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

On the topic of adjectives, I remember an elder once proclaiming from the platform that an adjective is a doing word. In his case, some basic infant-level schooling might have been an idea, let alone higher education

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Does anyone know where the Schiller family lived prior to selling their souls to the WT? I remember back in the late 1970's that there was a Dr. in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area (where I used to live) who went to Bethel.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Just another delusional fool who for some reason thinks these are real privileges.

Six kids.....why?

That doesn't take a lot of sex for the Doc but a hell of a lot of work, hurt and pain for the wife.

Were the kids as well educated as he was? Not? Or why not?

First you are a tool for the WTBTS then you become their fool.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I love how WT portrays these "important JW's." They tell a story but don't tell "the rest of the story." How did this doctor receive his education? If he received his degree while being a JW, how can he bash higher education?

We witnessed this on several occasions during circuit assemblies. A young man we knew of that was planning on attending college was interviewed by the CO. He was asked how he "maintained his integrity while attending High School." He gave beautiful answers. I am sure his answers were well rehearsed. The CO failed to ask the all important question, "what will you be doing once you graduate from High School?" The ones in the audience that knew this young boy well, knew "the rest of the story." JW's are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet! They cherry pick what they want to discuss. It's all about how you LOOK!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BUNGI BILL:

Yes, he’s got HIS education but everybody else shouldn’t get theirs. I honestly don’t know how JWs can sit still and even listen to this hypocrisy!

The sad part is those young people who hear this garbage and use it as an excuse NOT to get their education instead of being observant about those middle aged JWs among them who are struggling now because they listened to similar nonsense back when they were young!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit