I just bought a John Deere 6130R tractor!

by silentbuddha 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

You may be thinking, "so, what... it's just a tractor" right. Yes, it is just a tractor. However, for me it was the last step in me actually realizing my dream of becoming a farmer. Again, why should anyone care?

Well about 32 years ago my JW parents uprooted me from the one place I was ever happen. We lived in an agricultural town in the south where my parents moved in 1972 in order to preach in a seldom worked territory before the world ended in 1975. 1975 came and went and they were stuck in the deep south with nothing so out of sheer depression they had me a few years later.

Strapped for cash and living in poverty for 8 years they decided to move back up north and rip me from my home. I always told them I wanted to be a farmer... they always says you can be anything you want in the new system. This same remark was repeated to me for years. I was even termed being bad because I was trying to find happiness in this system.

I did the bethel and pioneer and elder thing and eventually got fed up and DA'ed. My wife left with me as well as my kids.i felt however that at the age of 35 it was a little late starting an agricultural business especially coming from a background in software development. However, 5 years later I have made it!

I am sure it will be hard, BUT it is rewarding. It is great knowing that first it is never too late to make a change, and second it is great to shut all over the idea that one has to wait for some new system or some other such goofball idea in order to find happiness or dare I say... paradise.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Every boy's dream, to drive a tractor.

Every man's dreams, to own a tractor.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

I had a 1949 Ford with a front end loader. My Dad told me a friend of his flipped one over backwards and killed himself on the same tractor. A week later I just about tipped mine over sideways with a full load in the bucket when it hit a low spot in the road. Great fun. I sold it to a hot dame wearing short, shorts and driving a Porsche. Much like the picture.See the source image

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

That tractor will be a capable machine for 50 more years. Not to mention they look beauuuuuuutiful

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Then I bought a 1957 Massey Harris with front end loader. Not for farming. My wife wanted horses so I made the mistake of saying "Maybe one day you can have horses." That 'Maybe' turned into "you promised me". Well, after selling the house and renting acreage with horse paddocks, 1/2 mile track and barn, [ The beginning of the end of our marriage by the way. These do not come cheap.] I had the privilege of maintaining the paddocks, 1/2 mile track and barn. At least that justified my having a tractor, with her permission. I did enjoy the tractor. Never road any of her horses. Got kicked twice by them. Last kick just about took off my head. Great fun.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Marriage tip.

Before any man gets married he should make sure his future wife understands the meaning of the word 'maybe'.

• hoser
    hoser

That’s pretty much the tractor I’ve been looking for but I don’t have that kind of cash. Buying green is always a good move.

• LV101
    LV101

Reminds me of the song -- and I don't even listen to country music unless it's the country music awards in LV -- anyway, think it's Kenney Chesney's song, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy".

I grew up around all that stuff - my dad had better barns, structures, etc., for his tractors and farm equipment than for our cars which were in horrific heat, frost, fog.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Esse quam videri I am literally laughing in an uncontrolled fashion at that story and tip lol.

I was debating between a comparable kubota and the JD but I was given one hell of a deal on the implements I needed. Its pouring rain, but I'm out in the rain riding it up and down the block lol

My barn is in immaculate condition... meanwhile my gutters are still unsung lol

• Simon
    Simon

Congratulations and well done for all the hard work to get to that point - hope it goes well!

I was brought up on a farm and used to like driving the Tractors :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit