How to REALLY know the "Christ of God"

by kes152 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kes152
    kes152

The Master spoke saying,

"No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son. And to whomever the Son is willing, he reveals him."

"He that has my words and observes them, that one is he who loves me. He that loves me will be loved by my Father and I will love him and I will PLAINLY SHOW MYSELF to him."

So the Christ loves us and reveals himself to us, in turn the Christ who reveals himself will reveal his Father to whomever he wishes.

Can't we learn everything we need to know about God and Christ from the scriptures?

He said:

"You are SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES.....

(why would we 'search the scriptures?')

"..BECAUSE you THINK that BY MEANS OF THEM you will get everlasting life....."

(how many would argue "knowledge" of the scriptures means our 'life?')

(and just what did he say the scriptures do?)

"..And THESE are they that TESTIFY OF ME..."

(So the scriptures are only a 'witness' or 'testimony' of him)

"And yet, YOU WILL NOT COME TO ME that you may have life."

(So you STILL have to 'come' to him to "have life")

Once you recieve that 'life' from him, it is THEN that you know him.

He said:

"This is the 'life' IN ORDER FOR THEM TO KNOW YOU the only God, and the one whom you sent, Jah-Eshua the Anointed." (John 17:3 Kingdom Interlinear)

This 'life' is still available to all of you to "partake" of so that you can FINALLY 'know' him.

Peace to all of you,
    Aaron

• Carmel
    Carmel

Aaron,

Of which scriptures do you refer? Are you inclusive of "all scripture" or only for the bible?

Inquiring minds want to know!

eligah

• logical
    logical

Now I suppose this is where the Qur'an comes in.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I saw Jesus at the Donut Shop eating jelly-filled donuts with Elvis.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• COMF
    COMF

It's interesting how much your style has come to resemble LifesWaterFree's. All you need is "Excuse me. May I say something? Thank you." at the beginning, and "May you have peace." at the end. You've got the irritating typographical emphasis and pompous manner down. Did kes finally get wise and hit the road, Shelby? Is that you in there?

COMF

• JT
    JT

KES

i HOPE THAT this does not seem like I'm dogging you ,but i will share this thought with you-

generally in my exp - jw boards don't lend themselves to alot of "being preaching to"

while i would never tell you what to post, but there is something about being on a jw board and having some poster come out and say

YOU NEED TO BE SAVED

it is as if all the posters go: "HERE WE GO AGAIN"

BUT HEY at least you are free to say anything you want to here on the net.

just a thought

james

• Prisca
    Prisca

JT - I love you man!

while i would never tell you what to post, but there is something about being on a jw board and having some poster come out and say

YOU NEED TO BE SAVED

it is as if all the posters go: "HERE WE GO AGAIN"

How did you read my mind??

• JAVA
    JAVA

On a serious note, I saw something a little strange the other day while driving to work. A young man (around 25-years old) was pulling a large cross (about 10 feet long) down a sidewalk. The bottom of the cross had a small wheel attached; the man looked like some of the pictures of Jesus (i.e., long hair, beard, no shirt, tan colored skin). No one was with him, and I didn't see signs announcing "The End Is Here" or "Jesus Saves." It was just the guy pulling a large cross.

Had I not been in the car driving to work I would have inquired, "why" "how long" "where are you going next" "who pays your way" etc.? As I continued to work I wondered, what makes a person do things like this besides the obvious of advertising ones faith? Most Christians don't travel around the country side with a 10-foot cross, and I wondered what caused this person to put on such a dog-and-pony show? I also wondered how many people viewed him as nuts, and others in a positive way?

I used to hate going door-to-door as a JW because I was embarrassed. In some ways I felt like I stood out like the guy with the large cross. However, I don't think this guy was embarrassed. Nuts or not, he was probably more sincere in his efforts than an entire congregation of JWs forced into selling for the Tower.

I now return you to your regular programing.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• kes152
    kes152

Hi Guys!

Carmel:

the scriptures are

Matthew 11:27
    John 14:21

John 5:39, 40

John 17:3

The scriptures weren't included because most people know where they are (or at least remember them). But here they are for anyone to 'test.'

JT:

I wasn't preaching a "you need to be saved" for people to read. It was more like "If you REALLY want to know him, this is how... "

I understand what you are saying, however, apparently someone has asked how to know the Christ and my Lord wanted John 5:39, 40 quoted for the one who was 'asking.'

If your spirit bears witness with it, please look them up. If not, that's ok too. This was mainly for the one who was 'asking.'

Peace,
    Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit