physical and emotional abuse from JWs

by 060702015 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

All cults use emotional abuse as a control mechanism. JWs are no different. So no, they don't 'deal' with it. They encourage it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

060702015 - "...Do they address this form of abuse that their members inflict on others?"

Yes.

They use the phrase "wait on Jehovah".

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Is physical and emotional abuse taken seriously in JWs ? Do they address this form of abuse that their members inflict on others?

I was born and raised in that organization, and no, they do not address any form of abuse. What is worse, which is the worst kind of abuse, they mislead people to believe that they do.

Those people try to control their followers as much as possible, and they address something only when they are legally bound to do so, or when it suits (or is within) their purpose. Other than that, people can get away with all kinds of abuse (trust me I was submitted to plenty, I saw others being abused, and no one said or did anything about it). They do nothing or care about nothing but their own interest.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Emotional abuse and manipulation is sadly one of the foundation points of the society.

The very premise that an individual has to give up all personal choices and conform to a set of prescribed ones is disturbing.

The sanctions of being labeled as "weak" is disgusting. The fear of being "counselled" by the elders is overbearing.

Seriously....just look at how many witnesses lack true self confidence! That proves that abuse is rampant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit