Confirmation that religion is dying.

by Phizzy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

On the other hand, I've known a couple of people yearning for 'Christian values' in a reaction against the so called 'woke' agenda. Now, whether this means they'll be getting 'religion' or not, only they know. It did interest me though.

Christian values.....might mean different things to different peeps.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Christian Values" is a nebulous term, like "British Values", both much beloved by Politicians and others, because it SOUNDS as though they have a working Moral Compass.

"Woke" was used by people as an epithet, like "Snowflake" or similar, as the great Kathy Burke said : "I'd rather be Woke than a f***ing Twat !".

I think many of the "Nones" wish to retain what they see as good moral values, which they imagine are derived from some religious source, and most retain some kind of "belief", but Organised religion is as I said moribund, the J.W org. more than others. Good !

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've known a couple of people yearning for 'Christian values' in a reaction against the so called 'woke' agenda - yes, quite a lot of people feel this way.

*I sometimes do.

Whether or not they will actually join organised religion or even believe in God is difficult to say ...

*When I see drag queens half-naked in schools I sometimes want to ask Jehovah to give us another flood

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHIZZY:

It might be that in the Western world (especially the USA) that Christian religions are decreasing. Not so sure about dying out.

But, hopefully, with the public becoming aware of the harmfulness of high-control/cult-like religions, we will see a decrease in them. They deserve to join the other defunct religions in the USA.

Unfortunately, though, in other parts of the world, certain oppressive non-Christian religions are increasing - especially in countries that are so-called theocracies. People in these places have no choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit