Why Charles Taze Russell was NOT a Freemason

by ILoveTTATT2 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

How many headstones does this man have? Or is the reverse side different? There exists one with a photo of Russell in profile and the undressed stone below it. I'll have to find the photo now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Here is the back of the tombstone

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It reads good to me. A good overview of a subject I've not read very extensively.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I like that you counter the "proofs" too. i never got round to reading Fritz Springmeyer. Are these really the best arguments he produces in the whole book? Seems pretty thin. I always thought there would be more to it than that, just because of the length of the book.

As "proof" that he was a Freemason, the following statements are generally made:
    • He used multiple Masonic Symbols in his publications
    • He is buried under a pyramid, which is a Masonic Symbol
    • He is buried on or near a Masonic Temple/Center
    • He gave a speech in which he mentioned he was a Mason
    • The Masons have made a conspiracy to remove his name from the registry because they're ashamed of him.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Are these really the best arguments he produces in the whole book?
    He has others, but those are the ones most commonly found on the internet.

Rachel de Vienne commented on this:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6231822734196736/has-anyone-done-point-point-refutation-fritz-springmeiers-watchtower-masons-preliminary-investigation
  • Half banana
    Half banana

That's the one Finky, it shows the undressed stone at the back where normally it would be smooth.

How interesting that the view aligning the rough headstone with the pyramid and with the new Masonic temple beyond, could easily be interpreted (or mis-interpreted) as fully Masonic in influence.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One could honestly conclude that there was a compelling influence of Freemasonry with the theological concepts created and propagated by Russell and Rutherford but the information as it is is that Russell or Rutherford were not registered Freemasons themselves.

One should also not be dismissive to note that the name of the Kingdom Halls could have been derived from the usage of Freemason Halls as they were used by Russell and Rutherford.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit