WT Child/Sexual Abuse Cases and etc

by jdash 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jdash
    jdash

I had this argument with my grandmother and uncles about scandals that the JW's covered up and whatnot, and they won't budge. I brought up the Australian Royal Commission and of course they laughed. They then said that the Governing body has never lost a sexual abuse case but the "person" who did the crime got charged. So basically they said that the JW's have never paid money to a person for sexual/child abuse. And of course they have but the members have not been told this because the Governing body needs to keep their image clean.

Can anyone link me some cases where the JW's have lost and had to pay? Thanks!

I want them to look this stuff up but it's like they have been so brainwashed that they won't. I asked them a question which went like this "If your faith is so strong in the governing body, why can't you go to 'apostate' sites?" I then got a response as the following, "They don't have my best interest at heart." and "They are mad so they are gonna spread false information." Like literally their faith can't be that strong.

Past few days have been a bad and miserable. Grandmother said if I stay mad, I'm gonna basically crash and burn. Also said I will die fast by being mad. But the only reason I have anger is because I am forced to do this crap. Once I leave, I honestly feel that I will be happier even though I will have some problems along the way.

But some good news, I turn 18 in a month and I will be staying with a friend from school, their parents literally told me I can go live with them so that's a relief. I also got accepted into my main college so pretty happy about that. I know this post is everywhere but it was needed. I wish I could talk to some of you in person because there's so much to talk about.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Hang in there. An elder friend of mine laughed when I raised the issue of the Wt involvement with the U. N. Another elder friend told me that the guardian newspaper that broke the story was successfully sued by the wt. 🙄

They are making it all up in their heads. It's hard to reason with anyone like that.

• blisterfeet
  • zeb
    zeb

The Conti case where the wt was hammered with millions in settlements.

A case in Vermont (?) in the US where the wt was hit with 34 million in punitive damages.

The wt claimed for years they have never lost a case because in so many of them they have paid out but with gag clauses on the recipients which means 'heres your money say one word about the case and we will screw you through the courts.'

I admire you taking them to task for indeed passion is the strength of the young, but please move on with your life and do some thing useful with it as it looks like you are doing.

Keep this in mind that when you qualify and are earning even a modest salary and these ones now older and with (likely) no provision for retirement come begging for money or shelter suggest they contact the elders or the wts for help. Its called tough love.. and be prepared for the attempts at emotional blackmail...

Speaking of love; find yourself a nice sensible girl for a life's companion and love her to bits. Avoid jw girls like the plague.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts. Watchtower is pursuing appellate review," the Office of Public Information at the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses said in a "Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts. Watchtower is pursuing appellate review," the Office of Public Information at the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses said in a statement.

And that`s all blindsided Jehovah`s witnesses want to see ? Some have their head in the sand and others have their head up their arse ?

Their are none so blind as those who dont want to see>

And that is a truism of Jehovah`s Witnesses .

• LOLS
    LOLS

Don't worry jDash my Jw husband sounds exactly like your family .....

He was quick to tell me about the Catholic Priests who got caught for Sexually abusing children here in South Africa and how bad been Catholic is Bla bla bla .....

But when I mentioned the story in The Guardian about the JW sexual abuses cases & the 34million the one victim got paid .... he told me the same thing , he said that they where all lies made up by people who where disfellowshipped .... So u see they have their heads so far up in the clouds that , no-one can show them the light .

I even asked him about the 2 witness rule & he basically ignored me ......

• Giordano
    Giordano

Basically jdash the JW's can only function with the use of 'rational arrogance'. This is what drives the arguments and responses you are getting with family and Jw friends.

Basically it means that a JW makes a rational decision to not look into any information that may question their beliefs. Be it the legal system....... re child sexual abuse, or Evolution, or the Flood or Armageddon or Blood..........anything that contradicts the teachings of the WTBTS is of no use. To a JW opposition comes from Saturn and that is that.

Until a person is shaken in their faith and open for some level of understanding....walk away and start your new life. Congrats on your acceptance to the College of your choice .
    In a few years you will be shaking your head at the 'chowder heads' who will still believe the failed JW construct.

Best to start separating yourself now from 'believers' as they will play.....sorry to say....no possible role in your future. Nor will they ever recognize or appreciate your achievements.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Appeal to them emotionally. Most people find themselves disgusted at the thought of child sex abuse. Give them just one example from, say, the Australian Royal Commission about what BCB went through (nothing graphic, I remember her father hit her outright and an Elder just laughed it off, aside from her father's repeated sexual abuse).

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Can anyone link me some cases where the JW's have lost and had to pay? Thanks!

You might find what you are looking for at this link here:

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/free-downloadable-files/secrets-of-pedophilia-in-an-american-religion/

Barbara has 1000s of pages of court documents available and in some of the cases, the WT did indeed pay out settlements.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm really starting to think that the constant denials do more to undermine "The Truth" than just about anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit