In 1 coordinated night, the congregation collapsed within 60 minutes

by BottleGate_ 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BottleGate_
    BottleGate_

https://old.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/ek8tt5/breaking_news_from_japan/

From Post...

"Breaking News from Japan ..

Actually quite extraordinary news.

Just got off the phone to a good PIMO friend in Japan.

The 5 Elders and 6 Servants from the Shirakawa Congregation in Japan all "woke up" from the borg last year.

What does one do when the congregation leaders all wake up to the fact that the borg is a cult?

They felt it there duty to inform the congregation on Thursday night.

And all resign publicly.

I will be posting the talk(s) they all gave (they all took it in turns to give there reasons publicly) and will translate it with English subtitles. I'll post it to YouTube.

It is quite astonishing.

The congregation is 90+ strong. Only around 65 were in attendance on the night.

There were gasps, tears and it was very emotional. A few walked out in tears as you can imagine the disbelief of the magnitude of the event.

In 1 coordinated night, the congregation collapsed within 60 minutes.

I've never heard of anything like this happening before. "

• Giordano
    Giordano

All I can say is WOW! I'd like to get more confirmation on this.

Japan has had an up and down road growing the JW presence...in fact what I understand is little to no growth where once Japan was sited as a strong JW participant.

Can we get more info as to how and why these Elders resigned.

• BottleGate_
  • BottleGate_
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

That is epic. I would love to see that vid.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another video, another language (this time, Italian). Which, to me, is not quite so valuable to befuddle the hounders since there is at least one hounder that is fluent in Italian, and at least one other pious-sneer. Which is more than can be said about certain other languages--I would like to see how many understand German or the Slavic languages, or Sanskrit.

Hint: A lot of washtowel vocabulary has the opposite meaning if one uses Sanskrit than it would in Hebrew. The term "Satan", for instance, means "adversary" in Hebrew. But, it means "Truth" in Sanskrit. Anyone that can become fluent in Sanskrit ought to have a good time taking the bible and throwing it right back in their faces.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I see a local needs coming. " do not read lies put out by opposers". No sharing videos or experiences.

And a rearranged circuit with at least one fewer congregations

• Half banana
    Half banana

And no judicial committee to disfellowship them!

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

TOTAL SCAM????

Original poster has deleted the story off of reddit... and subsequent posts... also poster just joined on 1-5-2020 and states "Born in JW finally free after 43 years" but only joined reddit for 17 hours

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Either a false story or a person afraid of getting outed by giving too much information.

Few of us who are pimo can speak freely so it would be hard for a whole body to come to such a step

A repeat of that cong in California? Or the one in Texas, except the halls I assume are owned by WT now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit