144,000 raise the dead and read hearts.

by enoughisenough 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I sometimes catch a video of a lady calling the KH and asking questions. This morning she was questioning something that was said in the annual meeting part 2 and I looked it up for myself. ( Feb 23 ) at timeline 1:37 the claim is in the new world Jesus AND the 144000 will raise the dead and just shortly after that the claim is Jesus and the 144,000 will read hearts. Personally I never read that in the scriptures...but of course the ones she is talking to on the phone try to defend their faith -which includes hanging up on her.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yes, it seems they are saying that the 144k will be equals to Jesus once they get in heaven. Not sure if that is "new light", I swear they started this line of reasoning when I was already in decades ago, although it was a lot more subtle back then.

I guess they're just making it more and more clear that they (the 7 GB) are equals to God/Jesus.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am willing to bet most of the JW who heard that talk never even picked up on what was actually being said. The very hubris is appalling. I don't watch these programs now, but there are some who do and highlight the nonsense...I do watch them sometimes.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sounds like you were listening to Brudget from AZ. Her ministry is calling kingdom halls all over the USA and asking questions that often stump the elders and at the same time reveal important doctrinal errors.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Vanderhoven, yep, it's briget! She is quite bold and stumps most all of them...but she is nice about it. I couldn't be so nice.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Having talked to a few JW, they definitely pick up on it, and they accept it as if it has always been gospel. JWs that still trust solely in the Bible are either voluntarily or involuntarily leaving, the young generation is being taught that the Bible cannot be trusted without the WT intervention.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

This aint the org of the 80's and 90's anymore. Who needs Jesus?.... we got the 144K, a new kind of superhero.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Someone told me that the GB (2.0) made a statement--either on one of the Borg Broadcasts or video--that THEY THEMSELVES will be the ones, in addition to Christ, to resurrect the dead. Now, I'm confused! 🤷‍♀️😫

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Well the apostle Paul did write about them, didn't he?

(Hebrews 5:5, 6) “You are my sons; today I have become your father.” As he also says in another place, “You 144,000 are all priests forever in the manner of Melchizedek.” (NWT - 2076 Revised Edition)

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Hiddlewife--it is found in part 2 of the annual meeting posted in feb of 23....hour mark 1:37 start and listen about the resurrection and just after that reading hearts. I don't know how they arrive at that conclusion...save for some aside from Jesus "raised" a dead person...but the reading of hearts!??? They are making themselves into Gods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit