Australian ABC News article on JW incest victim

by shepherdless 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

shepherdless , / Tenacious ,

,I listen to ABC radio very early mornings and when I get up I watch ABC TV news and I never saw or heard anything about this and I`m wondering what format this was on.? Or how you came across it .?

I have just sent an e-mail / contact to the ABC asking similar questions and also suggesting this should be given a wider audience as it truly is an amazing thing / story ,Shelley has done being a victim of sexual abuse and then turning it all around and becoming a lawyer herself .

It would make a good Australian Story ABC program if done right.

Thanks for the posts .

I have just found out that it was a journalist for on line ABC Brisbane program Kate McKenna that broke this story .

How about a few of us contact the ABC Australia requesting they promote or expand this article on national TV and radio as it is such a good success story worthy of a greater distribution .

I myself have already done so .

• inactive1
    inactive1

Bringing reproach...that's a copout. The wrongdoer brought reproach. It seems whenever you try and point out a problem you are told to take it on the chin, leave it in Jehovah's hands, or just drop it. A legitimate complainer is labeled apostate.

• zeb
    zeb

Australian ABC News article on JW incest victim

Shelly Rose Braieoux deserves the Nobel prize.

The elders who covered that up should be charged with perverting the course of justice.

I too will write to the ABC ( abc.net.au) about making this a bigger story. I have emailed "4 Corners" in the past but they show no interest.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I never recieved a reply from the ABC either zeb.

• zeb
    zeb

Dear ABC,
    This dreadful account and shining piece of reporting was proven one of all too many at the CARC involving the Jehovahs witnesses.
    This particular account deserves a much bigger revealing.
    The watchtower will say they have changed policies now I have read their 'policy' and such as it is was pulled like teeth out of them as a result of the shining ARC (Australian Royal Commission) also referred to on the web as the CARC)
    I am a former jw and a parent of kids who were abused lets say I have a personal interest.
    please acknowledge.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    30-4-2019

• LV101
    LV101

Bravo to Shelly Rose Braieoux for courageously standing up to EVIL!

• zeb
    zeb

have since spoken to the journalist.Thanked her for her fine news reporting.

If journalists receive + response they are more inclined to go further with a story.

• jhine
    jhine

This story went round on FB and l shared it . l am in the UK so lots of people were made aware of it .

Jan

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Every letter helps.

RB

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

zeb does kate mckenna have an e-mail adress to send to ? I`m not sure about twitter & that`s all I could find for her .

I would like to thank her for the article and hope that she could persuade the ABC to do a follow up program on her story as their are thousands of ex JW`s around the world that would love to see this inspiring story .

And certainly if we do our part in promoting it that would be good for the ABC ratings to go up ?

A win -win for all of us .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit