2022 - 1914 = ?

by fedup 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fedup
    fedup

Obviously not the Orgs brightest moment for teaching that the generation of 1914 would be alive to see paradise. Forget the "new light" that bought them an extra 100 years, which if any other religion would've done this, the Org would scream False Religion. The fact is that for 75 years this #1 recruiting message from the Society was a lie.

I asked a current JW to get a calculator and do the math: 2022 - 1914 = an angry reaction. He was not a happy camper

Has anyone tried this?

• waton
    waton

fu: current jws do not do analysis. but wt writers have dug themselves into an even deeper mess, when they declared the generation to be the anointed.

That meant that at the starting point of 1914 they had to be at least 21 year olds like Fr. Franz's example -- to be counted, as D. Splane pointed out.

Only a few Okinawans, Sardinians and southern France lady citizens would make it past the year 2000. none of them the stressed jw faithful, putting in 15 minutes per month.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses have invested time and money being a part of this religious organization believing what the Governing body of this religion tells them to accept.

Th"New truths" / "Old truths" doctrines confuses the issues at hand.

A rationale intelligent person can see that an old truth is not a truth at all.......and never was.

And a new truth that turns out to be an old truth is not a truth at all..........and never was.

How many "New Truths" can you relate over the 100 plus years of this religions history that have become" Old truths" ?

• hoser
    hoser

End times religions always run out of time. They have to keep changing the dates. People have a short memory and the social aspect keeps a lot of people in.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. - Matt 24:34 NWT

Truly I say to you that the generation that overlaps this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. - Matt 24:34 NWT with added NuLyte

Imagine getting into a debate with one of Jehovah's Witnesses and every time that person alleged you were wrong you correct them by saying, "I am not wrong. My light is either older or newer than your light."

• waton
    waton
    Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. - Matt 24:34 NWT

tbn: so, the generation has to pass away after armageddon right? or?

well the 1914 generation of wt writers are now the anointed, partakers. but,

when do the anointed have to pass to heaven, according to wt prophecy? think about it, they will fight at the battle,so"

for anointed partakers, the onset of the great tribulation is the latest for rapture time

the wt generation prophecy is so bad it does not allow time for Armageddon, their most pivotal event, when comparing jesus to wt wording .

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It's a blend of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. We can easily see the absurdity in a situation when it is being promoted by someone we are not associated with, yet we bend our reasoning into very odd shapes when we want to defend the absurd things that we have invested ourselves into.

I think it's more difficult today to get away with trying to memory-hole inconvenient facts about their past, but the WTS has no other choice if they want to keep the grift going. But they managed to make 1914 (as the date of the end, not the beginning of the end), 1918, 1925 and 1975 disappear. Making 1914 and the generation teaching go away will take some work- I think they made a big mistake trying to rehab it with the overlapping generations explanation. There have to be a lot of people who saw that as the last straw, or as the first crack in the foundation.

• Simon
    Simon
    Making 1914 and the generation teaching go away will take some work

It really won't, the majority of JWs probably can't describe their core doctrinal beliefs when it comes to prophetic fulfillment and such crap. They will just restate things in a different way and slap the "new light" label on it.

"... and so brothers, while we know the society was right about 1914 marking the beginning of the last days Je-hoover has now revealed that Jesus began his journey on that date, clearing the universe in the following generations upto 1975 and arriving at earth in 2019. Little wonder that the world went to shit, with pestilence striking as Satan tries to test our faith through COVID ..."

They'll walk away thinking this is what they always believed. or something like it ... the specifics don't matter because they get the warm fuzzies just by being around all the brothers and sisters.

• waton
    waton
    - rehab- the generation teaching go away will take some work- I think they made a big mistake trying to rehab it with the overlapping generations. TonusOH.

No, it is the Anointing of the generation, in the second fulfillment that is fundamentally wrong.

The general population of old ladies in okinawa, southern France will live to 2032+ no overlap required.

The only generation in the wt fulfillment, (which is the second coming) is made up of those that somehow survive Armageddon, but die in the final test on the 4 cornered earth. because,

!) they have to die, pass away after the end time prophecy is fulfilled, and/but

2) can not be the sympathetic Sheep, because they pass into "everlasting life" so,

a rehab will only result in a a really convoluted pretzel.

better to scrap the whole thing, not even to recycle the waste.

• waton
    waton
    fedup, do the math: 2022 - 1914 =

108. there are currently 300 people positively known to be over 110, perhaps a thousand at 108. a generation that has not passed.

wt's mistake was to pick the anointed partakers among all the living to be the true last generation. An undisturbed lifespan of a human is 120 years. 1914+120 =134. so,

wt's fixation on the anointed is the Big Mistake, because they dont matter. because Jesus said: all should partake. anyway. ( the French record holders, absolute: 122 and current: 108, did in fact partake: of communion)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit