Armageddon has started in Astoria, Queens

by ShirleyW 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Now we know that the Con Ed plant in Astoria, Queens had an explosion, but before anyone knew what the heck was going on, so many people were posting on social media their pictures of the "strange blue circle light" that was in the sky this evening,usually St. Johns which is near me has a fireworks display after a game, I thought this doesn't look like fireworks, much brighter and no sound, it actually looked like it was 4pm in the afternoon right before the sun leaves the sky.. I live in the Jamaica section of Queens (just up from Trump's foot Dr. if you saw that article in NYTimes. com the other day) and haven't lost power but LaGuardia is dark now, no flights in are out. Just wondering how the old school Dubs that saw the lights outside window, thought "finally, the Big A is here" !

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

News said it was a few transformers blowing, good enough to start rumors though.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It's been so long now since I was a JW, i forgot that they think like that. Every storm, eveey loud bang, every power cut... "It's here!"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Every negative News service about a catastrophe here or their and its a sign for JW`s that the end is nigh ?

They ignore the Bibles words that it is a wicked and adulteress generation that looks for a sign.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Spot on Smiddy

• jp1692
    jp1692

Ugh, learn how to write!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

End-Timers must be pretty damned desperate for the Apocalypse to drop if they get all fired up and hopeful over a frigging power brownout. :smirk:

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Just wishful thinking and probably the longing to know they're not making so many sacrifices for nothing. Fundamentalist Baptists are the same way, a preacher I heard said one Sunday he heard a train whistle in the middle of the night and thought it was an angel blowing a trumpet to signal Jesus return or something like that.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

My morning routine is watching Ken Rosado et al on ABC7. The daily parade of weird shit that goes on in the city everyday is enough to make you think the world has ended.

When I travel to smaller markets and turn on the morning news, it's folks wishing Happy Birthday to their tykes and the occasional traffic accident.

In the meantime, I'm not holding my breath for the Big A.

• dugout
    dugout

No NO no N0 !!!!!!! fIRST ITS THE GREAT TRIBULATION>>..... THEN ALL FALSE RELIGON WILL BE DESTROYED!!!! THEN ARMEGEDON. HOLD ON ANOTHER 100 YEARS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit