Do they prepare for preaching or do they socialize?

by never a jw 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• kairos
    kairos

It became the custom that immediately after the morning text, the group would drive straight to the coffee shop.

Drive back and forth across town, wasting time without really doing anything except gossip or talk about the fun stuff they did or are planning to do after 'service'. Rarely talking to anyone.

Another JW told me once, he counts the time he had set aside to preach.
    It didn't matter what the group did. He counted the time.

The yearly totals are completely fabricated and mean nothing.

I can't believe I never faked my time. What a waste!

----

Early morning service was a colossal joke as well.
    Meet at 7:00am. Drive to private laundry rooms in apartment complexes leaving magazines on the appliances.

Usually, the old mags were still there or in the trash can. Sometimes torn in pieces.

The most pathetic part was when this would be carried out from a 6 or more passenger van. You'd be out for two hours and only get out a few times, just to switch out the old mags and count the placement.
    The rest of the time, drinking coffee and eating snacks and chatting it up. Such a waste...

< preaching >

• Saename
    Saename
    never a jw - If my estimates help me right, it wasn't 10 minutes before the text, it was more like 1/2 hour of socializing

Your brother must be really "zealous" :D

never a jw - JW's are usually quite pleasant, as long as they don't turn on their doom-and-gloom-for-everyone-but-us switch. I actually will consider bringing some nice pastries filled with apostate poison.

Be careful :D They might think you're responding to the 'truth."

No, seriously, they might... They are often told that when somebody is showing kindness to Jehovah's Witnesses—as opposed to persecuting them (because... you know... everybody is persecuting them)—then that person must be interested in the "truth."

Darryl - By the way has there ever been anyone in history who was not aux or reg pioneering that when asked that question-how long did you plan on being out this morning responded "At least till 2:30 3:00."

When I was still an active unbaptised publisher, I would actually respond by saying, "At least until [time]," hoping that the person I'm talking to would be willing to preach with me for at least a bit longer. I was actually quite "zealous" as for an unbaptised publisher when I thought it was the "truth." Once I spent the whole Christmas break preaching as a 16-year-old. I think I got 50 hours in two weeks. But when I found out I was wrong... well... it was either "Quit!!!" or "Be deceived."

• kairos
    kairos

Oh... and out of territory calls that are never home.

'Start your time' at a laundry-matte, then a two hour round trip with a coffee break in the middle...

< zealous "christians" >

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit