Anti snake venom

by Chook 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Hi Blondie

when bitten by worlds second most toxic snake , antivenom isn't an option,before antivenom 50% death rate.

• blondie
    blondie

So you are saying that anti-venom is administered before anyone is bittlen? A preventive action?

==================

Australian Snake Bites

In Australia there are about 3,000 snake bites per year, of which 200 to 500 receive antivenom; on average one or two will prove fatal. About half the deaths are due to bites from the brown snake; the rest mostly from tiger snake, taipan and death adder. Some deaths are sudden, however in fact it is uncommon to die within four hours of a snake bite.

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/anaesthesia/resources/venom/snakebite.html

• Chook
    Chook

Blondie

only 10% need antivenom, it is administered only after checking coagulation levels, brown snake ruins coagulation so you typically die from brain heart liver bleeding. My farm is an hour from town ,children and dogs can easily die in under two hours, adults are in trouble after 3-4 hours, horses 6-9. When I was bitten I had to walk half a mile to farmhouse, then drive like crazy. It was a defining moment with regards to my fading, due to imagining that if I was JW in old days it would of been lights out chook.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Marvin Shilmer usually comes in on blood topics. I have not seen any of his post in months, off topic but has anyone heard of him lately? Is he ok?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit