Comments You Won't Hear at the 5-11-03 WT Study

by blondie 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Upon learning Bible truth, however, we changed and became more pleasant and agreeable.

This is really "massaging the ego", isn't it?

Really the R&F become what they want to become, I guess.

Cheers, Ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

Ozziepost, the WTS is always patting themselves on the back. They usually quote some anonymous non-JW so that there is no way to check out the source.

Blondie

• the mole
    the mole

***the mole*** It has been weeks since good info has come out like this and another post. I wish i would have posted it myself. Hurray to you for this rich information. It is so true but sadly in my hall in Sacramento many would scream spiritual weakness to the person saying such things. I question my elders subtle so not to bring the witch hunters to my home but it is true what you have said...***the mole***

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie wrote:

One one occasion Moses’ mildness seems to have failed him.

Why "seems"?

The WT is constantly doing this lately; it helps them tremendously to confuse the issue about what really happened; that way, they can infer the parallel between "wrongdoing by Moses/ apostles" and the present day GB.

So Moses was guilty of being harsh? Or did it just SEEM that way? Did the GB knowingly keep a flawed policy on child sexual abuse? Or does it just seem that way, and the reality is different?

There is a lot of this lately; we noticed their defense of Paul's waffling about christian's need/non-need to adhere to the law, but the WT came to his defense and said that it was not wrong for Paul to do this.

They constantly put themselves above the bible by denying it's reality to us. Anyone reading about Moses, or Paul in the mentioned situations see that they were making major mistakes. But to admit that means that Paul might be wrong about other things, and that would be fatal for the WT. They are heavily invested in all that Paul wrote, when an objective analysis suggests to me that he was a woman hater, and expressed a lot of opinions that even he knew were just opinions.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Pistoff, I noticed that "seems" right away. The GB/WTS/FDS and their representatives would like the rank and file to realize that it only "seems" that they make mistakes. I have been reading some books on spiritual abuse and it is scary to realize that there are other groups out there like the WTS and that even as ex-JWs the conditioning from the WTS can make you oblivious to the new danger.

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

This statement worries me:

para. 12 Debates, arguments, and wrangling are the norm among those who look at life in a fleshly way.

Does the WT give any instruction on how to provide constructive criticism, or how to argue effectively? There are ways to bring up touchy subjects without resorting to name-calling, dredging up past history, or other negative strategies.

Jesus was not always mild in manner and speech. Often he plainly told it as he saw it. He was also unafraid to express his outrage when he saw an injustice.

Matthew 21:12-13 - overthrew tables of the moneychangers

Matthew 15:1-12 - offended the Pharisees with his strong language

• jgnat
    jgnat

Speaking of quotes with no source cited:

"Never are we in greater peril of undue self-assertion, and therefore in greater need of meekness, than in reproving others." (para. 17)

Who said it? In what context?

• blondie
    blondie

jgnat, unfortunately, the WTS reserves strong language only for the elders, COs/DOs, not the lowly rank and file.

As to the quote, I ran it through Google and the WT-CD and nothing pops up. It definitely did not come from the Bible.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit