Anyone ever get blow back for owning and riding a motorcycle?

by JimmyYoung 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JRK
    JRK

I was a square peg in a round hole as a JW. I always was criticized by the elders for everything I did, including cars and bikes.

They really hated it when I got my Ducati crotch rocket. It was a lot of fun and I didn't care what they thought about it. I had some great times, the feeling of acceleration was a real trip.

I may get one again someday. Who knows?

JK

• wozza
    wozza

Had bike since I was 18 ,part of a bike gang when I was 19 when I met my first wife from a JW family.My first bike was a 2 stroke yamaha 305 cc and next was a K1 Honda 750 4cyl in 1971 and never really stopped, I'm still trying to catalog all the different bikes I had.

Raced Motocross on a yamaha MX250 in '73 and '74

Here the stigma was bad and looked down upon and when I became a JW motorcycling was kept low key otherwise I would not have been on the servant body ,but it was OK in the 80's for a local elder to have a huge Yankee car that reeked male penis problems!

Later me and a fellow brother would go Windsurfing with our families and go to the kingdom hall on Sundays with all the gear on our cars roof racks and then go windsurfing after the meeting = did not go down well!

Still riding got a Triumph thruxton, aKawasaki KLX650 dirt bike , a Husqvarna wrk260 race bike and a restored Triumph 1973 Daytona 500cc love them all

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"you could get killed on that contraption" - If you've never ridden a big bike you might as well be dead because you have never really lived.

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit