Who Is To Blame For the World's Insanity? Not The Leaders But Their Followers

by The Bethelite 9 Replies latest jw friends

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

There are 1000's of wacked out ideas on the planet.

A crazy little man with a mustache in a beer hall in Munich Germany in 1923 had some crazy ideas for sure....He starting with a dozen people who thought his insanity was a good idea. In just 22 years his insanity effected the entire world with millions dead. He duped 95 million Germans alone...who thought his insanity was a good idea.

Another crazy little man with a beard, started in the basement of a church in Pennsylvania in the1870's. He had some crazy ideas too. He thought the world would end in 1879 and then revised this dated to 1914. A hand full of people thought this crazy guy was on to something. Fast forward 150 years and 8 1/2 million people later we find millions of people still waiting/hoping for the world it end any day. The life style of these people who believe in this form of insanity is well, beyond description.

So what does this prove? Having an insane believe system is one thing but getting other people to believe in it, might be easier than you think.

I related a true story in my book "New Boy" about an average looking man in New York City who spends all day long walking up and down Madison ave. asking women "Do you want to f...k." He said that he gets slapped and yelled at a lot but out of 150 women asked daily this absurd question he finds two to three of them think this is a wonderful idea. He said its just a numbers game. PS he said some of these women were gorgeous.

What's point of all this? No matter how insane your idea is, there is always a few whack jobs out there who think it's a great idea.

You want to blame the insanity of religion or politics on its leaders? Ok

However look no further then yourself/myself the common man. Yes. the sheep of the planet looking for the next messiah....the pie in the sky or even the end of the world with its paradise Earth waiting for us all.

The leaders didn't create 1984 it's followers did.

Or as the comic strip Peanuts said "We have met the enemy and they are us!"

Keith Casarona

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Someine takes a little power and consolidates it. Then the masses are given a choice from those only.

That quote is actually from Pogo drawn by Walt Kelly

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Thank you Road to nowhere... sorry to late to edit

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Another crazy little man with a beard, started in the basement of a church in Pennsylvania in the1870's. He had some crazy ideas too. He thought the world would end in 1879 and then revised this dated to 1914. A hand full of people thought this crazy guy was on to something. Fast forward 150 years and 8 1/2 million people later we find millions of people still waiting/hoping for the world it end any day. The life style of these people who believe in this form of insanity is well, beyond description.

The Bethelite

I have not read your book. Somehow, someone in your family was truly convinced. You even made the decision to become a member of the Bethel family. Everyone at Bethel was truly convinced. As wacky as the Mormon religion is, they still have millions of members. Why did you convince yourself that the wacky Jehovah's Witnesses were not wacky, but other religions were?

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

I guess you are going have to read my book...it took over 400 pages to explain the process.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The Bethelite

I have three books ahead of yours right now. ''Controlled Demolition of the American Empire'' ''Who Rules the World'' and ''A Peoples History of the United States''

Can you tell us how you pitched the idea, the amount of time it took you to write it, what are your sales and why it took 400 pages to explain your story?

• waton
    waton

The crazy little man with the mustache in the bierkeller promised to solve a problem of the other beer drinkers, living in a depressed country. one way or another.

The bearded man in the Pennsylvania basement promised to end the long wait for the messiah's return, or the problem of one's death. or both.

The big man with ample blond hair promised to the workers in the US with their bargain basement wages, a relief from competition by highly intelligent asian and motivated latino immigrants, and their cultural influence, one way or another.

Interest groups have a way of asserting themselves, often condensing around a leader that shows up.

safety sometimes depends on the distance you can keep from such concentrations. and their camps or campuses.

PS: I did not see this was about books. how about Mein Krampf or Das Kapital? all hirsute writers too.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Now we have a cue card reader who is promising a completely equal field powered by pixie dust. Except t HF ere will be walled compounds in the field

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When people are afraid and desperate they tend to believe anything that just might be the answer to their problems. Adding to that, we saw how news media was converted into Political Entertainment using the same model as WWE made wrestling Sports Entertainment. It's a good story and like all stories the ending is predetermined by the author.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

In regards to the JWS and the IBSA before them, the proclamation that Christ was coming soon and mankind is going to be saved from its troubles was the baited catch that lured people to the JWS for their desirable needs, how the WTS did this of course was through its printed literature,

So with the JWS the blame for this human folly rests on both on its propagators (WTS) and its followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit