If Prince had an addiction to prescriptions drugs, it's a personal matter but if I want to grow a beard or attend college, it's not.

by ToesUp 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

oppostate

No worries. I am always "happified" when others (especially JW ass*oles) are exposed. The CO's and former DO's usually are the biggest of ass*oles. Rock on!!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    • "Just because one person did a bloodless hip surgery doesn't mean that everyone could. Medical situations vary from person to person. You never know what else he may have been dealing with that made bloodless surgery impossible."

Rebel8
      My apologies, you are correct. I had a moment of past JW judgement (bad habits are hard to break). I DO NOT know what Prince was experiencing. It was NOT my place to judge him.
      As "the world" says..."we all have our crosses to bear.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe Prince thought since the new kingdom was so close that he could wait until then to be cured of his health ailments and he was uncomfortable being operated on.

For the time though he would just stick to meds. to counteract any pain symptoms.

Ive known a few JWS who averted getting a operation out the fear of being in a position of having to have a blood transfusion and thinking that they could hold on to the new system of things. ...... the Truth

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way that picture of the interior of that Kingdom Hall looks down right creepy.

Brings back bad memories of my childhood for some reason

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Just like everything else in dubland whether or not a person is disciplined for some infraction of the "rules" depends on which elders are assigned to the case and how the accused is perceived by them. For example:

The wife of a kind well liked elder in my hall became addicted to prescription pain killers. I had no idea until another sister told me that said elder and his wife had been to dinner and the sister found her (the wife) raiding her medicine cabinet!! It came out that the addicted sister was stealing painkillers from every home she visited in multiple congregations!!

How was she dealt with by the elders? Glad you asked. PRIVATELY reproved. They decided she's simply a nut and felt sorry for her husband who btw did not loose his position over it.

In many congregations she would have been DFed and hubby would be fired. It's a crap shoot.

Needless to say, there are few rich and famous JW's. The organization for various reasons has shifted it's focus to gathering money. It follows that there would be strong reluctance to discourage/discipline such ones.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    So I could get "talked to" for listening to some of Prince's more risque songs, but he can abuse prescription drugs and that's a "personal matter"? Eff those hypocrites with a hot poker. They are so full of it.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think this Cook guy did a quick side step of the issue concerning drug abuse, kind of a oops I better say something appropriate while on camera that wouldn't create much opposing objectivity to my religious institution..

Somehow I think most JWs don't think that people can abuse legally prescribed drugs to their own perilous detriment ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is a recent Picture of prince

Now tell my he was Oked to go out in service looking like that ???

He may have attended the Memorial back in Mach but the fact remains he was faded less devout JWS who probably hadn't gone out in service for a couple of years being that he has had that Afro for a few years now.

There's a difference from a steadfast devout JWS and faded less devout person who only shows up occasionally.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Just more double standards by the WT. Same as the Williams sisters (tennis stars), things that we would get lectured for are over looked with these high profile celebrities. The WT knows where their bread is buttered and do not want to stop the monetary contributions coming in.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think what happens with JWS is that they purposely exploit popular celebrities to use them as advertising monikers for the organization, similar in fashion to how the Scientologists use its known celebrities for the same purpose.

I can still recall how JWS boldly and arrogantly talking about Micheal Jackson before he was caught out as a pedophile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit