WT predicted the future! They got it right!

by thedepressedsoul 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    In this Sunday's Watchtower they proceeded to put this in the article, "“Distractions,” said The Watchtowerof September 15, 1958, “will likely increase as this world nears its doom.” How true!"
    Are they really patting themselves on the back for this statement? "Likely"? If that wasn't a broad statement I don't know what was!
    Do they not realize they have printed failed prediction after failed prediction and now they want to show you their wisdom because they said something would likely happen?
    I love how they quote themselves like it's some scientific statement that they are using as reference material to support their study article for that week.
    This crap is getting harder and harder to sit through...
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Here's another golden nugget from that article, "Jesus was not burdened with material possessions; he did not own a house or land."

Do these guys think before writing these articles? They own thousand of properties! Yet they tell their members they shouldn't own land and even go as far as saying that Jesus did not own land.

So Jesus did not own land yet his only true organization does?

• sir82
    sir82
    My prophesy: moronic statements in Watchtower study articles will likely increase as time goes on.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A true faithful and follower of Jesus should not own a house, rather they should give their extra money to the organization so can be used to further preach the Kingdom message.

This will be pleasing in the eyes of god.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    My prophesy: moronic statements in Watchtower study articles will likely increase as time goes on.

I never realized how bad it was. Hope they don't lay off their writing department.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Yeah, what a stupid statement, this prediction is so vague and unverifiable. How do they know distractions have actually risen? It's like when they say "world conditions continue to deteriorate," they have no way to actually prove it but many JWs are negative so they feel like it's true.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    but many JWs are negative so they feel like it's true.

The past 2 years alone I realized how true this actually is. I am constantly around negative people. The people that are attracted to this religion thrive off of negativity and doom and gloom.

I can't put into words how true that small statement is.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Everyone has a negative side, WT dredges up those thoughts and feelings and tries to validate them. Then it offers itself as the only solution. Very clever and manipulative.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its obvious the WTS has propagated many prophecies on its own over the years, constructed mostly to attract attention to the organization's own publications. The End Times, the Last Days, This Generation, 6000 years of man's existence ( used 3 times) were all used as vehicles of fear mongering to lure people to the organization for exploitation purposes.

Now all these alluring doctrines have put the organization up against a wall, the work for the GB today is trying to nullify those doctrines of fear. We should be hearing we are just imperfect men or we have new light to diminish those doctrines as simple mistakes. ie. 1914

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    sir82 4 hours ago

I have to disagree Sir82.....My prophesy: There will be fewer and fewer moronic statements in the Watchtower as it gets thinner and thinner and finally fades away. They'll be hearing the moronic statements on JW-TV instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit