How Often is 1914 Openly Spoken of at the Meetings?

by Number 6 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

1914 was 106 years ago when C.T.Russell believed the end would happen and it didn`t and the generation that would not pass away did in fact pass away.

However Jehovah`s Witnesses twist jesus words to mean "these generations " and not what he actually said "this generation"

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Good question on 1914.

According to the Watchtower Online Library the term or phrase “1914” has not appeared in their literature for over 5 years.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwleaks, something is wrong with your search if you’re not getting anything with 1914 in the last 5 years. E. g., Watchtower Public Edition 2020 No. 2 pp. 8-10, found on current online watchtower library.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The new crazy definition of Generation pushes off the time of the end possibly by 20 years or more. But this is such a crazy definition I really could not gulp it down when they tried to push it in 1995. I could see why they were doing it, the time had run our or was about to run out and they decided to cheat to extend the time line by creating a new definition of generation pulled straight out of their nether regions. But someone in a cult will never see or very rarely see that its insanity to believe in such crazy things. I had one elders wife argue with me that the USA started WW2. Facts are facts but she would not believe anything but what was in that pea brain of hers.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The reality is 1914 was a unscriptural apostate marketing scheme to lure people to the WTS literature.

Yes the JWS have been involved preaching a false commercialized version of the Gospel of Jesus.

The leaders of the WTS were more fixated to create attention to the literature they were going to publish than adhering to Jesus's proclamation that that no one knows of the time not even he.

The GB leaders of the WTS/JWS have been downplaying 1914 recently but haven't come out as of yet to the extent in dropping the doctrine altogether saying it being false or wrong.

Remember the JWS religion isn't supposed to be false religion, they point that descriptive identity to other religions.

• btlc
    btlc

1914 is rarely spoken last years, but it is mentioned in WT Public Edition No.2 2020, which will be offered in Worldwide Campaign in November 2020:

"The sign that Jesus gave, along with Bible chronology, helps us understand that God set up his Kingdom in heaven in the year 1914. * At that time, he installed his Son, Jesus Christ, as King."

Asterix * leads to -607+2520=1914 math, so they obviously don't planning to abbandon 1914 soon, IMHO.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

WT Public Edition No.3 carries the ad for latest study publication which contains info on 1914 in chapters 8 and 9.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It may not appear often in print ( if that is the right word in the digital age) but it is very much still part of the beliefs and culture.

The whole point of JWism is the "last days". That began when Jesus took up his kingdom in heaven. And that was 1914. Nowadays I hear more of the "visible signs of the times", like Covid, than a mathematical calculation but the 1914 date is very much alive in the WT mind.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am glad they haven't been able to bury it completely, as it is the card that when pulled out, makes the House of Cards that is their unique beliefs fall down.

Once a JW realises that the whole 1914 thing is simply not in the Bible at all, it is therefore a short step to realising that today's G.B is a sham, made up of self appointed charlatans, and that there is no "Time of the End", that too is made up by misusing the Bible.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Phizzy 1914 is in the Bible but not as JWs know it.

19+14=33

Ez 40:1 (it's the 19th year of Nebu plus 14 years after it)

This simple calculation is part and parcel of decimating WT's doctrine as if Jehovah knew all along exactly what liars were going to do. But he caught the liars in the trap they set for others because He is far, far more clever than they could ever conceive.

Jehovah created time and He knows how to use it with an awsome and frightening accuracy.

(Isaiah 54:17) . . .Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me,” is the utterance of Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit