Could You See A Kingdom Hall Getting Shot Up?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Such things are not so hypothetical. Authorities expect this to happen again.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The speaker in Australia wasn't killed just badly injured and the guy that planted it was a non-jw spouse in a custody dispute.

KH shot up? I suppose it's possible, anyone can snap - even JWs.

Let's hope people choose to wake up and leave before that happens.

• zeb
    zeb

After the kh bombing jw from all over Australia sent money to the branch for the injured to use to help pay for getting their lives repaired. To pay for hearing aids and so on.

I recall and Overseer mentioning this at a convention and he as well as the branch office were surprised at this. well its the Aussie way. But, I wonder in light of recent world developments ie those coming out of the wt how much of that money was distributed to the traumatised jw?

Will a kh be shot up? I hope not as it would be just the common hurd that gets hurt as always.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    The blood issue and shunning could make somebody emboldened to do something crazy!

My thoughts exactly Minimus! I am surprised because of the blood issue some UBM probably lost a wife or baby and gone crazy and shot up the place, just thinking of that yesterday after the Texas shooting, but I've wondered about that before, the main reason being the blood issue

• bamse
    bamse

Security is expensive by money and man hours. It’s an excellent excuse for the Society to merge more congregations and sell surplus halls.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

According to the bible the first terrorist attack on a place of worship was carried out by none other than jehovah himself when he had Samson kill thousands of peaceful worshippers along with their little children.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A kingdom hall would virtually be empty these days. No one at home.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've always been a bit surprised that more Judicial Committees haven't ended with the accused "going postal" when informed of an adverse decision against them. I'm surprised the WT hasn't changed their policy to giving the decision by phone vs F2F. Of course, those who make the policies are never personally at risk, so what would they give a flying *&%$?

• dbq407
    dbq407

I know in our area they lock the doors as meeting begins. No doubt some are worried that this could happen at the KH.

• minimus
    minimus

They lock the door so that nobody will leave .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit