How Stef Woke Up!

by Vanderhoven7 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Four of her relatives committed suicide because of the cult.

https://youtu.be/a63RY8oL7Wc?si=-N4AMwe0iGuutk0F

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I watched this...So much of her story reminded me of mine, save for the suicides. What a horrible thing!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

She woke up at 49.

At least she did.

There are accounts of people in their 80's who are just "waking-up". And realizing that they wasted their lives living a "lie".

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Despite the suicides as a result of shunning, her family clings to the Org. and continues to shun. Poor brainwashed souls.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Despicable.

• Elena
    Elena

This is why the recent change in secret elders book that if the person is suspected of being even slightly suicidal then wait until it’s clear they are not anymore.

what if it goes on for years and years them being suspected of being suicidal? I guess they still won’t have the JD and even if they do they will not disfellowship them or announce they are no longer a JW.

I hear of a particular case of this with one sister who the elders can’t get rid of her because she is mentally suicidal.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

A family that lost four members to suicide continues to shun other family members? Talk about obtuse! It's a great example of doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah. I know the hypocritical nature of the Borg and it's $heeples never ceases to amaze hey?

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

So sad. They weren't all her relatives, some were friends.

Nobody can really know what goes through the minds of suicidal people or what is going on in their life. Seems people from every walk of life & religion go this route. It's not unique to JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit