"Our Lord and Savior" . . . Seriously??

by neat blue dog 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Did anybody else notice in the convention drama when they went to the memorial the speaker called Jesus "our Lord and Savior"? When have you EVER heard JWs use that phrase? Christians, yes; JWs, no.

• freddo
    freddo

I've heard it from jw's here in the UK. Occasionally in prayers.

Also in the nwt bible in 2 Peter 1 v 11 / 2 Peter 3 v 18 and in the literature.

• cobweb
    cobweb

Its been 20 years out for me but I do recall witnesses using that expression. Also from the UK.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm from the US and any talk like that is typically viewed as 'Christendomish'.

• steve2
    steve2

JWs here in NZ would find that awkward because it is far too close to how "born agains" talk .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Only once a year at the Memorial.....maybe?

They tack his name on to the prayers because they are told to , but all their thinking is about the God , Jehovah . He is everything. Jesus hardly comes into it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Never heard those words in 30 years a slave.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I wonder what's the equivalent of that in other languages. Then I could tell if I heard it.

• longgone
    longgone

Again, like Wasanelder,

Not once in 57 years. If I had heard those words at a convention or in talk, I'm sure I would have fallen out of my chair... Christendom!!!

• cobweb
    cobweb

To clarify, it wasn't used in general speech but yes in prayers it was used sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit