Obituaries

by truthlover123 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was a young fanatic, I thought about doing precisely that. I shared my idea with a brother who told me never to do this. That it was disrespectful. So, I didn't. Boy am I glad I didn't. At least I don't have that on my conscience!

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS now has a new feature of preaching:

The Contact Card; perhaps jws can hand them out at cemeteries.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202016374#h=2:0-11:78

• carla
    carla

Blondie, at least those damn business cards don't have individual names on them! just the dot org address. I could see my jw using that when he forgets his own business cards. (which he better not!)

• blondie
    blondie

carla, jws for some time were told not to put their personal info on cards made up by the individual themselves, and put anything on it connecting them to the WTS. If jws had business cards, it had to be for business only not for the WTS. Some jws, such as elders who visited people in jail/prison had official cards from the WTS for that. (we were even told when in the ministry not to give out our full name for safety purposes; of course, nonjws should feel safe giving their full name to the jw they had never met before, at the door).

True believing jws, tend not to see any danger, that the angels go from door to door with them. I never believed that but knew jws who did. Just let your husband know that he might be putting his family at risk. That he could use his business cards, but without any WTS or jw designation.

• Stuck in the middle37
    Stuck in the middle37

I remember the first time I heard that suggestion at the meeting. I thank Memorial day was coming up. I thought that has to be worst idea's I ever heard, I never did it or ever seen or know any one that did.

I gave a few funeral talks very hard talks to give,at least for me,when you look out into the audience and see people crying it can be very emotional. I always changed the out lines around talked about the person a little more, if I knew them something we might have said or did together.then what the bible said about death and the promise for the future.I had people asking me to give their funeral talk when they died
    We moved so nothing ever came of that

• careful
    careful

This is such a tactless thing to do. The fact that some R&F Witnesses have to be told not to do it just shows how brainless so many Witnesses are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit